None of my Fluval 3.0 lights turned off tonight...

On 3/11/2024 at 11:51 AM, Lonkley said:

You sure you just didn't miss the time change?

Resync should fix them

Eta; nevermind, didn't realize you answered yourself

I'm wondering if it was a combination of the leap year and time change.

Did this happen to anyone else?

On 3/11/2024 at 2:02 PM, Galabar said:

Did this happen to anyone else?

I just noticed mine were not as bright as they usually are in the morning. A quick phone sync sorted out the issue. Can confirm mine went off at night. 

On 3/11/2024 at 2:03 PM, Lonkley said:

Not really the lights fault we arbitrarily change time twice a year.

True, but my Kasa power strips seemed to figure it out... 🙂

Similar with mine too…sometimes I just have to reconnect the lights to the app to reset everything.  The sunrise and sunset time will eventually drift a few minutes.  Also, I have one light 3.0 that doesn’t have a bright manual setting anymore (when you hit the override button to white on the light itself).  I have to use the app to crank the light for an override during maintenance time.

Just an fyi; the new ai blade are programmed to handle day-light savings time 😉 I have the following lights: fluval plant 3.0 (5 in service); ai blade freshwater (6 in service); hygger (957 in service); chihiros wrgb 2 (2 in service); ghl Lx700[4,6] (serveral in service); so i am in a position to compare these lights - i will say that i did not experience any sort of y2k issue with my fluval the past week but i did of course have to connect to adjust for daylight savings time. I will also say i rather use an ap then the funky onboard setting thing for the hygger any day of the week (i run android in-case there is a difference between apple and android ap). Mind you most of these lights cost $$$; so while the hygger doesn't have an ap and it is a bit annoying to setup it only cost $ - and it has the ability to gently turn on in the morning something many more expensive lights lack.

On 3/12/2024 at 5:55 AM, RichNJ said:

sometimes I just have to reconnect the lights to the app to reset everything.  The sunrise and sunset time will eventually drift a few minutes.

Yup. I have the nano for my cube and it definitely drifts. Also, last night it was still on after everything else. A quick reconnect to the app does the trick, but eventually it drifts again. 

On 3/12/2024 at 10:17 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Yup. I have the nano for my cube and it definitely drifts. Also, last night it was still on after everything else. A quick reconnect to the app does the trick, but eventually it drifts again. 

Reminds me…I have to reconnect again following the time change this past weekend