Will This Be An Issue (Tank vs Stand)

So I purchased the tank and stand separately, but the tank it just a hair wider than the stand on both sides and need to know if this will be an issue?

75g Aqueon Tank and Topfin 55g/75g stand

IMG_1955.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 2

I don’t think it’s going to be a problem. Looks like the edge glass is even with the edge of the stand. So the downward pressure is on the stand. The rim that is hanging over is mostly to prevent sideways movement.how big of a tank are we talking about.

• Like 1

Ooh, very nice. That changes things a bit. I still think you’re okay, but it could have significant side pressures. But the weight should still be solidly on the stand 

If you’re concerned, you could take the stand back. But, omg they’re expensive. Much more than the tank 

• Like 1

Yeah, if it’s only an eight inch on each ends, you should be more than good. Don’t think I’d worry about it.  With the understanding I’ve been wrong before, but I think you’re okay 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/9/2024 at 12:37 PM, Tony s said:

Yeah, if it’s only an eight inch on each ends, you should be more than good. Don’t think I’d worry about it.  With the understanding I’ve been wrong before, but I think you’re okay 

Nice disclaimer 😂. I take full responsibility for my actions and decisions!

• Haha 3

Probably not necessary but, If you want some piece of mind so you can sleep better, you could get a piece of plywood cut to the exact size or a bit larger. Then paint it black to match. 

I'm basing my opinion on the overhang built into the top of the stand, the size of the plastic tank rim vs the size of the actual glass. Looks ok to me. The glass is 100% supported from what I can see. 

Capture.JPG.809f694ce1a22f29004d25927a3c066e.JPG  

If you end up with 75 gallons of water on the floor, please let us know! LOL!

• Like 3

On 3/9/2024 at 1:09 PM, Wisdom said:

Probably not necessary but, If you want some piece of mind so you can sleep better, you could get a piece of plywood cut to the exact size or a bit larger. Then paint it black to match. 

I'm basing my opinion on the overhang built into the top of the stand, the size of the plastic tank rim vs the size of the actual glass. Looks ok to me. The glass is 100% supported from what I can see. 

Capture.JPG.809f694ce1a22f29004d25927a3c066e.JPG  

If you end up with 75 gallons of water on the floor, please let us know! LOL!

lol! I’m gonna chance it. Hopefully all 75g will stay in the tank. 😂 if not… yall will never see me again.

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2024 at 2:06 PM, lefty o said:

its fine!

Thank you! I’ve never had a tank this big ( biggest is 29g) so I’ve been a nervous wreck just wanting to be sure I’m doing everything right!

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 3:28 PM, Tony s said:

@FLFishChik you’re going to have so much fun with this one. Although it can be a bit intimidating at first 😂

Im so excited but sooo underestimated how much going bigger would cost… not just the tank and stand… but the bigger the tank, the bigger the Filter = $$$, bigger heater, air pump, lighting, more substrate , hardscape and Plants! I don’t know what I was thinking and hadn’t really thought about that part until AFTER the tank and stand were purchased 😂. Still… I’m just enjoying the process. After buying FISH, I’ll be broke, but I’ll enjoy the tank… cuz that’s all I’ll be able to afford to do! 😂😂😂 (just kidding. I saved up for this)

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/9/2024 at 3:35 PM, FLFishChik said:

Im so excited but sooo underestimated how much going bigger would cost… not just the tank and stand… but the bigger the tank, the bigger the Filter = $$$, bigger heater, air pump, lighting, more substrate , hardscape and Plants! I don’t know what I was thinking and hadn’t really thought about that part until AFTER the tank and stand were purchased 😂. Still… I’m just enjoying the process. After buying FISH, I’ll be broke, but I’ll enjoy the tank… cuz that’s all I’ll be able to afford to do! 😂😂😂 (just kidding. I saved up for this)

What kind of fish are you getting? 

Yeah, that’s exactly what I did last year. Then I got my wife and daughter flex15’s for valentines. And then the bills started coming 🤣. It seemed they were never going to stop 🤣. But they’ve been a lot of fun. 

On 3/9/2024 at 3:39 PM, JosiahBass said:

What kind of fish are you getting? 

Well, I’ve settled on Congo Tetra, Praecox Rainbowfish, lemon Tetra, Albino Cory and a (newly purchased) Longfin Blue Eyed Lemon Bristlenose Pleco bred by @Guppysnail.  I can hardly wait 

On 3/9/2024 at 3:40 PM, Tony s said:

Yeah, that’s exactly what I did last year. Then I got my wife and daughter flex15’s for valentines. And then the bills started coming 🤣. It seemed they were never going to stop 🤣. But they’ve been a lot of fun. 

Yeah. I’ve gotten do much enjoyment out of my 29g over the past 2 years… but felt it was time to go bigger!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 3/9/2024 at 3:47 PM, FLFishChik said:

Well, I’ve settled on Congo Tetra, Praecox Rainbowfish, lemon Tetra, Albino Cory and a (newly purchased) Longfin Blue Eyed Lemon Bristlenose Pleco bred by @Guppysnail.  I can hardly wait 

Nice, I would recommend getting at least 6 Congo Tetra's. Same with the lemons.

I was reading this and getting more and more jealous 🤣🤣🤣. I like the stoking ideas there @FLFishChik, and like everyone else said, should not be a problem and like @Wisdom said if you don’t want to fall asleep at 3:00 AM in the morning because you are wondering “is this something I should be concerned about?” then any wood not just plywood could be slapped on there, and ther you fine, no more restless nights lol

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 2:35 PM, FLFishChik said:

there is definately a shock when you see just how much substrate you end up wanting to look good, etc.

• Like 2

For first time large tank buyers, it can be a huuuge shock to the system 

Bigger lights. More substrate. More plants. Bigger filters 

More fish. Let alone more expensive fish 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 4:50 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

I was reading this and getting more and more jealous 🤣🤣🤣. I like the stoking ideas there @FLFishChik, and like everyone else said, should not be a problem and like @Wisdom said if you don’t want to fall asleep at 3:00 AM in the morning because you are wondering “is this something I should be concerned about?” then any wood not just plywood could be slapped on there, and ther you fine, no more restless nights lol

I think it’ll be ok. I have a natural tendency to way overthink things. Besides, I rinsed 60lbs of sand and already put it in the tank. I am not taking all of that back out, LOL

On 3/9/2024 at 5:16 PM, Tony s said:

For first time large tank buyers, it can be a huuuge shock to the system 

Bigger lights. More substrate. More plants. Bigger filters 

More fish. Let alone more expensive fish 

Sticker shock, for sure. But, I squirreled money away to do this and I kinda knew it was gonna be a big chunk. But… it’s gonna be so worth it when all is said and done.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1