Hello from Minnesota!!!

Abby

This tank is my pride and joy!!

Are there any other teens on here I'm 15 and I feel like I'm the only teen fishkeeper.

how much is a normal price range to spend on fish per month I'm trying to budget. 🤣🤣🤣

69741107106--506A3916-3625-41CA-A2C9-EF619B5FD259 (3).jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

*for people from MN*

I live in the Twin City area. where do you guys shop for fish/supplies? 

I currently go to PetSmart, Quality Aquatics, and someplace in Minneapolis 
I don't like going to Petsmart but it is the closest to my home. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 2:50 PM, Abby said:

how much is a normal price range to spend on fish per month I'm trying to budget.

START-UP COSTS: Starting up a new tank is it’s own cost. I generally estimate cost of a new startup by adding a zero to the tank volume. So for a 55 gal. aquarium, all said and done… tank cost, lid cost, stand cost, gravel, hardscape, plants, lighting, filtration, heater, fertilizers, food, nets, water-changing equipment, water treatment chems, water testing kit, etc.… I estimate a minimum of $550. For a 10 gal. tank, I estimate a minimum of $100.

MAINTENANCE COSTS: Although a lot will depend on how you keep fish, I try to estimate a base of $10 / per tank / per month. The more complicated you make things for yourself, the more costs you’ll run into.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2024 at 2:50 PM, Abby said:

how much is a normal price range to spend on fish per month I'm trying to budget. 🤣🤣🤣

yes like @Fish Folk said for start up you will probably have to drop some dollars on a 55g and even for example I have a 10g and I spent 200+ dollars on setup and around 15 bucks on maintenance but if you stock up on maintenance supplies at first then u can stretch it for a bit more but then you will have to restock.

On 3/2/2024 at 6:35 AM, Fish Folk said:

The more complicated you make things for yourself, the more costs you’ll run into.

Exactly. Just the needs is what u need. Wow that rimed lol

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 1:32 AM, Abby said:

*for people from MN*

I live in the Twin City area. where do you guys shop for fish/supplies? 

I currently go to PetSmart, Quality Aquatics, and someplace in Minneapolis 
I don't like going to Petsmart but it is the closest to my home. 

ballpark what part of the cities? guessing by quality aquatics, northern area. im close thats one of my go to stores. used to be many more than there is now, but forest lake pets is worth a visit at least once.

Edited by lefty o
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 1:08 PM, Abby said:

yes, I'm in the Maple Grove area. I go to Forest Lake Pets on occasion. I wish there was more fish stores!!!

used to be all over the place, small stores here and there. there's twin cities guppies in maplewood mall i think. ive been there once, its small but nice. getting out of the area in richfield down by the airport is  World of Fish, and thats a must see at least once, and there is or was one  about a mile right down the road from them. i havent been down in many years, so who knows now.

• Like 1