Plant ideas for this tank?

Hey, looking into a LOT of plants but since everyone is so helpful on here wanted to ask. My paremeters are: ph 7.4 ppm, temp, 73 degrees( getting some WCMMs so that explains the temp). Any ideas? Looking for beginner plants. Have anubias nana and Windelov Java fern at the moment. Don’t have the fish yet. Have easy green fertilizer and I can get some root tabs if I get stem plants. Thanks 😊 

On 2/3/2024 at 7:14 PM, Tony s said:

Possibly cryp parva. Needs root tabs. Grows in gravel fine but slow 

Thanks

On 2/3/2024 at 6:24 PM, anewbie said:

Would be helpful if you provided your tank dimensions; after all some plants that are great for a 5 gallon aquarium don't work so well in a 500 gallon aquarium.

It’s a 10 gallon tank @anewbie. Do u need the dimensions or….

On 2/3/2024 at 6:25 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

If you'd like a stem plant and don't just have sand in the tank, an easy plant to try is Bacopa Caroliniana as it grows you can cut tops off and replant, very easy propogator and can get VERY tall. As far as Java, I love the one you have but also consider Java "Narrow Leaf" 

How big does narrow leaf Java fern get @xXInkedPhoenixX?

Is baby tears ok? Does it get big? @Tony s?

This is my 10:

nn1.jpg.fe0a610fae045d0b0f138c6616df9dd0.jpg

Some plants include: red lip pontederifolia (plant on right); some green grecko (basically a nice green wenditti); nurii rosen (they are on the left but not very visible); golden anubia (right front corner); hornworth (in middle); marina moss (stuff growing on the sponge filters and all the driftwood as well as heater); pearl weed (at the very top in the hornworth (snail ate most of it); some small buces; a couple of crpyts (forgot species - front left/left center); ... 

Not a fan of parva - takes forever to grow - this tank is 3 years old no co2; infrequent fertilizer but weekly water change - 10 gallon.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 12:27 AM, Tony s said:

Sorry, I know nothing about baby tears. Never tried them before 

Thats ok. I have no clue either! 😂

On 2/4/2024 at 12:51 PM, anewbie said:

This is my 10:

nn1.jpg.fe0a610fae045d0b0f138c6616df9dd0.jpg

Some plants include: red lip pontederifolia (plant on right); some green grecko (basically a nice green wenditti); nurii rosen (they are on the left but not very visible); golden anubia (right front corner); hornworth (in middle); marina moss (stuff growing on the sponge filters and all the driftwood as well as heater); pearl weed (at the very top in the hornworth (snail ate most of it); some small buces; a couple of crpyts (forgot species - front left/left center); ... 

Not a fan of parva - takes forever to grow - this tank is 3 years old no co2; infrequent fertilizer but weekly water change - 10 gallon.

Wow. Thanks I had NO CLUE u can have that many plants! 😂 yes I am going for Pearl weed and maybe some species of crypts!