Matt B

I have a 7 gal. cube that currently only has a Hillstream loach, Cherry shrimp and a bunch of snails in it.  There is a lot more microfauna that have come out, now that nobody's muching on them. :classic_laugh:  I noticed these guys today poking out of the gravel, 'looking' around. Are these black worms? 🤔

20240131_103531.jpg

20240131_103527.jpg

20240131_103524.jpg

• Like 1

@Fish Folk That's what surprised me. I've never fed blackworms before. 🤔   From my understanding, it only takes a segment of a worm to make a worm.  I wonder if frozen blood worms or another food source contained them?  It's pretty cool how things just seem to mysteriously happen. 😎

• Like 2

That’s a neat surprise! I’ve not looked into black worms yet but they seem like a pretty decent live food. If I were you I’d see if I could catch some out and culture them. It’d be pretty cool to maintain a black work culture that just apparated in one of your tanks. 

• Like 2

Useing a small flashlight to see what was going on in the nooks and crannies of the tank.. I noticed the worms are definitely light sensitive. 🤔   They dart back into the gravel and the ones I can see in the gravel,  move quickly out of sight!  :classic_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...