Anubias Nanji

Jimmy

Here’s an unintentional plug for the coop but I bought 1 portion of anubias nanji maybe 5+ years ago. It slowly has taken over my 40 gallon and has grown maybe 2 feet worth of rhizome. Over the years I’ve had to prune many leaves and lately it’s progressed. Between the pothos and anubias I can’t quite find the sweet spot for fertilizer. Here soon I’m doing a tear down of the tank and removing the anubias was the first step.

I cleaned up the roots and cut off all the gravel. Next I portioned it off a bit and put it in 2, 20 longs. As you can see it doesn’t fit. I live in Eatonville wa and will need to find it all a new home. What a crazy removal.

IMG_7878.jpeg

IMG_8165.jpeg

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8170.jpeg

IMG_8169.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

On 12/1/2023 at 1:24 AM, DaveO said:

That's insane. 

I think so lol. It’s trained I think to grow so big that unfortunately I can’t keep it anymore lol. Excited to restart my 40b now though!

On 11/30/2023 at 8:55 PM, Tlindsey said:

Wow!!!

Cool huh. I’m gonna list the whole lot on FB in the next day or two and hopefully I can find a home for it. Someone will need a tall tank to fully enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Had a similar experience withy my crypt tropica and wendeti green, after a year or so they were breaching the surface of my 20g and 10g - now they are my background plants in my 100g, and gave me off shoots so now I have more crypts! Gotta love the plants. 

• Like 2