Doryichthys Martensii Pipefish

Tlindsey

Have a young pair that I ordered from the Wetspot Tropical Fish. 

The pipefish spawned about 3 weeks ago.  Don't think the eggs were placed properly or secured because the eggs all released prematurely. This time noticed a difference of the pouch looks covered 😆 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the 70s my dad operated a small-time shrimp boat to catch live bait for my grandfather's bait shop. We used to catch pipefish by the ga-jillions in the shrimp nets (which we would promptly put back into the water).

No idea what species they were (they were in the eel grass flats of a saltwater bay in NJ -- northern pipefish maybe?).

Either way, long story short, the pictures of these fish bring me waaaaaay back on the nostalgia train.

Thanks for sharing!  Good luck breeding them. Looking forward to more posts! 

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2023 at 5:49 PM, tolstoy21 said:

Back in the 70s my dad operated a small-time shrimp boat to catch live bait for my grandfather's bait shop. We used to catch pipefish by the ga-jillions in the shrimp nets (which we would promptly put them back into the water).

No idea what species they were (they were also in the eel grass flats of a saltwater bay in NJ -- northern pipefish maybe?).

Either way, long story short, the pictures of these fish bring me waaaaaay back on the nostalgia on the nostalgia train.

Thanks for sharing!  Good luck breeding them. Looking forward to more posts! 

@tolstoy21 I'll definitely keep posting 😃 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...