Easy Flow Kit Available Now

GoofyGarra

I am so excited for customers to start getting their hands on these! I have one in my 40B and it is honestly the best upgrade for a sponge filter ever! I don't need enough for a full order yet, but as soon as I'm done water testing my freshly built tank, I will be kitting it out with some brand new easy flow sponge filters 😁

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I bought several to upgrade my ACO sponge filters.  I'm looking forward to being able to hopefully better manage the funky stuff that collects on top of some of my tanks.  Or at least better manage it.  Also hoping it's a nice flow somewhere between nothing and a power head, which I almost always think is too much.

Plus, I thought I had a couple of spare large sponge filters and when I checked last night I learned that I only had one spare medium and two empty large boxes.  😄

Last night I was relocating a seeded large sponge from one tank to another and the air stone fell off 67 times.  Be gone, air stone, BE GONE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2023 at 6:05 AM, jwcarlson said:

Also hoping it's a nice flow somewhere between nothing and a power head, which I almost always think is too much.

I was fortunate enough to get one from Cory a few weeks ago, and I’m impressed with the flow. I have my test one hooked up to one side of the ACO dual outlet pump in a 55 gallon, and the flow is nice. Definitely more movement than without the flow kit, and less than a power head. I also noticed that the sponge itself collects more debris from the water deeper inside the sponge, which I think is a good thing. 

On 11/30/2023 at 6:05 AM, jwcarlson said:

Last night I was relocating a seeded large sponge from one tank to another and the air stone fell off 67 times.  Be gone, air stone, BE GONE!

Seriously! The air collar is so legit. 

Edited by AllFishNoBrakes
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/30/2023 at 9:30 AM, jwcarlson said:

We're in so deep getting excited over a plastic tube. 😄

It’s really a great product. Super simple, but super effective. 

Even if they only released the air collar by itself I would buy it just to get away from air stones and fiddling with them all the time. The flow is just the added bonus, in my opinion. 

• Like 3

On 11/30/2023 at 11:50 AM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Even if they only released the air collar by itself I would buy it just to get away from air stones and fiddling with them all the time. The flow is just the added bonus, in my opinion. 

honestly i might do just that. Id love to stop messing with air stones but my cories love to breed by the bubbles of the sponge filter so i dont want to deprive them of that.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 4:09 PM, GoofyGarra said:

but my cories love to breed by the bubbles of the sponge filter so i dont want to deprive them of that.

If they like a normal or Ziss air stone they should love the air collar. 

I think I’m gonna use just the air collar in all my 10 gallon tanks. 20 highs and above I’ll use the flow kit 

You guys do realize that you didn't have to use air stones in the sponge filters to start?  As far as I know, the only reason to would be to get smaller finer bubbles. I have only used an air stone in one or two sponge filters through the years, and usually after a bit of time, they get to the point where you need to put a new piece of airline on them to keep them from falling off when you're putting the top back on after cleaning the sponge. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 5:54 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

You guys do realize that you didn't have to use air stones in the sponge filters to start?

Hey, we've got to be frustrated by something. 😄

It's a little more "gluggy" without an airstone, but honestly that excuse doesn't hold up at all considering all the other gluggy stuff in the fish room.

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1

Doesn't seem to be compatible with the nano sponge but it looks like the new nano comes with one. Might have to check it out anyway. Not sure what is different but the unit as a whole is cheap enough to find out, lol. 

Edited by Kit Craft

On 12/1/2023 at 4:54 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

You guys do realize that you didn't have to use air stones in the sponge filters to start?  As far as I know, the only reason to would be to get smaller finer bubbles. I have only used an air stone in one or two sponge filters through the years, and usually after a bit of time, they get to the point where you need to put a new piece of airline on them to keep them from falling off when you're putting the top back on after cleaning the sponge. 

Yup yup, I simply preferred the air stone over the bigger, gluggier bubbles. Now I get everything I want and then some!

On 12/1/2023 at 9:52 AM, Kit Craft said:

Doesn't seem to be compatible with the nano sponge but it looks like the new nano comes with one. Might have to check it out anyway. Not sure what is different but the unit as a whole is cheap enough to find out, lol. 

The old nano was smaller in diameter than the small/medium/large. New version, I assume, is now the same diameter as everything else to be able to use the same kit. 

• Thanks 1

I placed an order for 2 kits and a sponge filter.

The sponge filter shipped, but the upgrade kits have not.

I like that you eliminate the need for an airstone if you use these kits?

Anyone know if these will fit on other brands of sponge filters? I currently have an Aquarium Technologies coarse sponge filter I have been running for years that I would love to retrofit with one of these. I have a Coop sponge filter also, but that's in a box. This one is running and seeded.

Did Aquarium Coop make a video about these?  I can't find one on YouTube.

Just got mine! Love 'em

20231201_144242.jpg

On 12/1/2023 at 1:17 PM, AndyP said:

I like that you eliminate the need for an airstone if you use these kits?

Anyone know if these will fit on other brands of sponge filters? I currently have an Aquarium Technologies coarse sponge filter I have been running for years that I would love to retrofit with one of these. I have a Coop sponge filter also, but that's in a box. This one is running and seeded.

Did Aquarium Coop make a video about these?  I can't find one on YouTube.

I don't know if sponge filters have a standard tube size across brands, but it fit one of my large none ACO sponge filter backups. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 3:17 PM, AndyP said:

I ordered a bunch of stuff today, including one upgrade kit. Everything but the upgrade kit has shipped. I wonder what's up with that.

I purchased the upgrade kit for all my ACO sponge filters and they wil be arriving this Tuesday.  My question is does it matter if the outflow is above or below the water line??  I see according to the pictures on the website that it’s right on the water line.