Got another someday fish Corydora hastatus

Guppysnail

I’ve been looking for these for the past 3-4 years and couldn’t really find them. I ordered 15 from a vendor who was coming to yesterdays swap. 1 was DOA when I picked up the bag but did not look thin or sick. The other 14 looked pretty good. 

Not shy at all  very out front and active.  I put moina in the tank along with grindle worms. This morning they got live brine shrimp  so adorable 🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 6

On 11/12/2023 at 12:15 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’ve been looking for these for the past 3-4 years and couldn’t really find them. I ordered 15 from a vendor who was coming to yesterdays swap. 1 was DOA when I picked up the bag but did not look thin or sick. The other 14 looked pretty good. 

Not shy at all  very out front and active.  I put moina in the tank along with grindle worms. This morning they got live brine shrimp  so adorable 🥰

And so the next breeding saga begins!

• Haha 4

Congratulations! 😃

I’ve just been reading about Pygmy and dwarf size corydoras. After watching all the various videos and hearing how entertaining they are, I decided I need to put them on my list. I looked into the larger sizes first, but I’ve also decided that a 20 gallon tank will be my largest, so thought the smaller ones will be a better option for me.

Have you seen the C. gracilis? Those are the ones I like the best. I like the tans more than the grays. But when I looked them up, first of all, they’re hard to find. Secondly - phew do they cost a lot! Hopefully in the future they’ll get more popular and prices will come down.

Anyway, I’m sure they’ll do great for you. You seem to have a blue thumb! 🤣 I look forward to hearing more about them in the future!

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/26/2024 at 5:41 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

The first time I saw a baby Pygmy that I didn’t hatch on my own I was stoked!

The first time I saw a Pygmy come out on its own I about fell over.  Those little ones survived a melini / CPD/pleco tank. I couldn’t believe it. 

On 3/26/2024 at 3:23 PM, knee said:

Wow! Congrats! One of my dream fish to keep. They're so hard to find 😫

I’ve been looking for a few years for these.  They are in a species only set up so  I can really get the breeding going. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 3:47 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’ve been looking for a few years for these.  They are in a species only set up so  I can really get the breeding going. 

I first heard about them back in 2018 and I’ve been searching ever since. Every time i see them in online fish stores they’re out of stock. I really wish for all your fry to survive and even more fry to come 😁🙏🏻

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2024 at 10:15 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

They are such darling little things! The dwarf Cory species are some of my favorites. I’m yet to keep them, but the hastatus, habrosus, and pygmies are all on my list!

I’ve had Pygmy who breed for about 3 years.  Love them.  Habrosus are next on my list. For awhile they were at my lfs often.  But the past few years they have not been readily available.  

• Like 1