Anubias Bloom… Tragedy

Sooooo. I’ve had this Anubias just under a year. Originally purchased from ACO, it has become the monster in my 29g aquarium! A a few weeks or so ago, I noticed it was sending out a bloom! I was sooooo excited! However. I’ve been battling hair algae on this plant since day 1 and today, I decided rather than try and wrestle it out of the tank to try and scrub the algea off for the umpteenth time (it’s getting too massive), I’d just carefully snip off the worst affected leaves and move on… except… THIS!IMG_1522.jpeg.212e041d572c9c70f6ace380037dfb45.jpeg

I accidentally snipped off the bloom! I’m an IDIOT! Lol! 

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

On 9/11/2023 at 10:04 PM, Guppysnail said:

Oh no. I’ve done that exact thing. On the upside the blooms do not last long before they deteriorate and it will not negatively impact the plant being cut off. 

Well, at least I feel a little better. I knew it wouldn’t impact the plant, but I waited for WEEKS for this thing to bloom and I was excited.., and then BAM! Me happened 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 9:31 PM, FLFishChik said:

Well, at least I feel a little better. I knew it wouldn’t impact the plant, but I waited for WEEKS for this thing to bloom and I was excited.., and then BAM! Me happened 

i always like seeing the blooms on mine, but they dont last long as my bristlenose pleco's love to eat them.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2023 at 9:20 AM, JChristophersAdventures said:

. . . A green aqua-thumb is a special talent.

In some ways it's easier than with terrestrial plants.  When they aren't doing well it's usually either too much fertilizer, not enough fertilizer, too much water, or not enough water.  With aquatic plants you eliminate two of those possible causes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2