Repashy left out all day, is it safe?

GoofyGarra

On 9/7/2023 at 6:18 PM, Odd Duck said:

I don’t think I’d keep that.  I also toss mine in the fridge to finish setting.  Then I freeze it in little cubes (I use a mold but it’s easy to cut when set).  I always date the bag since I don’t want it in the freezer long than 6 months.

On 9/7/2023 at 6:01 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’m not certain if it is. Others may know. I throw mine in the fridge before it sets and it’s just fine for future occasions 

i wait for mine to set, cut it into cubes, then refrigerate it.

i think ill just make a new batch.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 5:19 PM, GoofyGarra said:

i wait for mine to set, cut it into cubes, then refrigerate it.

i think ill just make a new batch.

As soon as you’re done spreading it out, you can put it in the fridge.  Then you can come back and cut it later so you won’t have to worry about it sitting out at all.

• Like 1

I think a few hours, you're likely fine.  As @Odd Duck it's not something worth the risk.  Food contamination is an extremely easy thing to do... you need slightly warm temps, check, a moist surface, check, and you need time.  It's basically very ideal conditions for something like that to form. 

Toss it in the freezer, email the folks at repashy. Please let us know what they say.

Fair warning for everyone, you can make it in a bag, let it cool out, then you can toss that into the fridge or freezer.  It might be a slightly annoying step, but repashy flat-packs are pretty awesome things!

• Love 1