Fin rot medicine suggestions

iwanttostayanonymous 92074

Hello, one of my guppies has developed fin rot. I’ve been trying to treat him in the past couple of days and it’s only getting worse. I’ve been using API Melafix which has worked well in the past when my guppies got fin rot or split their tail but it’s not working quick enough to help my guppy. If anyone has any recommendations for a fin rot medication it would be greatly appreciated.IMG_5527.jpeg.cb1f0e02e5b7d414b415a087350e4b86.jpeg

• Sad 1

I've had success with Maracyn, Maracyn 2 and API fin and body cure. I know that most fin rot cases are caused by gram negative bacteria, so it makes the most logical sense to use an antibiotic like maracyn 2 (this is also what Fritz recommended when I contact them). However, aquarium coop recommends Maracyn and it seems to work in my experience, so that is my go to (even though it makes NO logical sense).

This article may help for reference https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/fin-rot

• Thanks 1

Update: I ended up buying kanaplex off of Amazon and it helped stop the fin from getting worse. I also added some aquarium salt. Sadly it took a few days for the kanaplex to arrive so his fin looks really bad right now.IMG_7440.jpeg.161fb47fe4fbe6a2ff60c53160a1c0f8.jpegIMG_7439.jpeg.4836b887b566d67f8d166b905d67aef5.jpeg

I’m sorry that the image quality is bad I had to take this with my front camera and play around with the tanks lighting so you can actually see the fish.