Is this a crack or a chip ?!

Blackfallen

Hello!!

currently have a 75 gallon top fin tank. I have it leveled all the around both stand and tank and it’s a brand new  that’s only been running for two weeks .

I noticed what looks to be either a tiny crack or chip at the end of one panes of glass. Looks to be underneath the silicon as well. This is towards the top upper half of the tank.

I am quite nervous about this as I don’t want anything bad to happen. 

so if anyone has any ideas on what this looks like that would be great. I did contact the store for a possible replacement tank as well to be on the safe side. Is that the right move ? 

IMG_2219.jpeg

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2220.jpeg

Looks like a tiny chip or could be a crack starting.  They way it looks, it might only make a chip off the edge of the glass but it could also develop into something much worse.  That’s A LOT of water on the floor if it gets worse, not to mention loss of fish.  If replacement is an option, I would do that.

• Thanks 1

A couple years ago I bought a 75 gallon Aqueon tank which started to leak last month. We had relatives coming up, this tank is in the rec room/spare bedroom. So it was a mad dash to break it down and setup a 29 gallon tank for the fish. My barbs are not happy right now.

So I would take it back before to have an emergency.

If I am looking at the photos correctly, this looks like a chip on the surface edge of the panel.  A crack would radiate through the thickness of the panel.  I would not be concerned.

For peace of mind, if you decide to keep the tank, use a marker on the outside of the tank to place a dot on each end of the chip.  If the line never grows beyond the marks, or changes direction, you are good.

So thank you for everyone who replied to my questions !! 

I ended up getting a replacement tank and everything looked good. No chips or cracks. Everything is level. But I noticed some bubbles on the bottom silicone but The bead looks thick as well. 

I did fill it up and test for leaks and the set the tank back up fully. Seems no issues at all. 

what are your thoughts on this ?! Again thank you 

IMG_2236.jpeg

Edited by Blackfallen