My guppies have weird poop

w0walana

My guppies are pooping strange worm-like poop. they are acting completely fine and are always eating. usually, when they eat algae their poop is green. please help

parameters

ph: 7.5-7.8

ammonia: 0

nitrite: 0

nitrate: ~20ppm

kh: 7

gh: 9

IMG_8253.jpeg

IMG_8248.jpeg

IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8250.jpeg

Hi, the last picture seems like normal shaped poop to me. What are you feeding them? Red foods like blood worms, krill flakes and etc can produce poop that is also red or orange. If more than one guppy is doiing it then high likelyhood is it's coming from something you're feeding especially if they are all acting/eating normally. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX

On 6/16/2023 at 11:00 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Hi, the last picture seems like normal shaped poop to me. What are you feeding them? Red foods like blood worms, krill flakes and etc can produce poop that is also red or orange. If more than one guppy is doiing it then high likelyhood is it's coming from something you're feeding especially if they are all acting/eating normally. 

this happens when i don’t feed them. idk what they’re eating in the tank for their poop to look like this lol. it looks like a solid clump of worms. they only get baby brine shrimp and tubifex worms every other/few days. 

Edited by w0walana
  • Like 1