Email blocked?

JoeQ

On 6/9/2023 at 12:19 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Maybe you can reach Candi via DM on the forums here?

There are 2 different systems, a store front system and the forum system. I seem fine on the store front system. As for the forum system I changed my email address so my account is secure. Hopefully a mod responds and can unblock my original email. I hate having numerous email addresses and have to remember which account has different email addresses associated with it!

@JoeQ this is outside of my tech know how. Reach out via DM to @Streetwise  He is the tech genius moderator. 

On 6/9/2023 at 12:19 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Maybe you can reach Candi via DM on the forums here?

Candi is store sales only not forum. @Streetwise and myself are the two current most active and available moderators though I’m still learning the tech portion. 

@JoeQ you can alter your notification settings on the forum on what does and does not get sent to your email so it does not need to fill up your inbox. 

It is under account settings then click notifications. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 10:41 AM, Guppysnail said:

@JoeQ this is outside of my tech know how. Reach out via DM to @Streetwise  He is the tech genius moderator. 

Candi is store sales only not forum. @Streetwise and myself are the two current most active and available moderators though I’m still learning the tech portion. 

@JoeQ you can alter your notification settings on the forum on what does and does not get sent to your email so it does not need to fill up your inbox. 

It is under account settings then click notifications. 

Thanks, I switched to a generic email address, the emails are no longer blocked but still being moved to spam..... I would imagine I need help from someone with server level access to unblock my main email address.

I blame this problem on fat fingers......

• Like 2

If messages from the forum are going to spam, that would be on your end, or your email host. Try adding the forum email to your contact list, or see if you can mark the messages as not spam.

Sometimes spam detection can be aggressive if you get a lot of messages from the same source.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 4:31 PM, Streetwise said:

If messages from the forum are going to spam, that would be on your end, or your email host. Try adding the forum email to your contact list, or see if you can mark the messages as not spam.

Sometimes spam detection can be aggressive if you get a lot of messages from the same source.

My original problem was that I accidentally clicked 'block' on the forum emails. This got my main email address blocked in your servers, which hopefully you can unblock. As for the problem of messages being sent to spam, I know thats on my end. I use Edison mail which communicates withall my other devices. That is where the spam issue is most likely coming from ......... 

On 6/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, JoeQ said:

My original problem was that I accidentally clicked 'block' on the forum emails. This got my main email address blocked in your servers, which hopefully you can unblock. As for the problem of messages being sent to spam, I know thats on my end. I use Edison mail which communicates withall my other devices. That is where the spam issue is most likely coming from ......... 

It is all on  your end - you told your email provider to block the email; now you have the tell it to unblock. the problem with giving you more detail is i can't tell if this is done at the client level or something different. My first instinct is it is done via the client but a bit depends on which client you are using and which mail provider. What client do you use to talk to edison mail - do you use outlook; web browser, thunderbird, .... there are 100's so it is hard to proceed without more details. 

On 6/9/2023 at 7:04 PM, anewbie said:

It is all on  your end - you told your email provider to block the email; now you have the tell it to unblock. the problem with giving you more detail is i can't tell if this is done at the client level or something different. My first instinct is it is done via the client but a bit depends on which client you are using and which mail provider. What client do you use to talk to edison mail - do you use outlook; web browser, thunderbird, .... there are 100's so it is hard to proceed without more details. 

Wrong.

Its blocked on their servers

Screenshot_20230609_170648_Firefox.jpg

Ok I'm, wrong; then yea you need to contact them - some software will refuse to send email to a location that blocks receipt. However before they reactive have you told your mail provider to accept the mail because if you have not if they attempt to re-enable it will be blocked again.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:37 PM, anewbie said:

Ok I'm, wrong; then yea you need to contact them - some software will refuse to send email to a location that blocks receipt. However before they reactive have you told your mail provider to accept the mail because if you have not if they attempt to re-enable it will be blocked again.

Streetwise is on it, the block has been removed on my end. Once he removes the block from the forum server I should be good to go. The only thing ill have to hunt down is this pesky 'move to spam' issue which is more bothersome than anything!

• Like 1