Which Repashy Gel is tastier?

ricbennett3

On 5/21/2023 at 1:21 PM, ricbennett3 said:

I decided to an unofficial test to see which Repshy Gel my blue shrimp pefer, the Community or Soilent Green.

Based on a study I read about critters and neo shrimp...

I would toss in bottom scratcher and super green as 2 more options.  There is also the red one and spawn and grow.  One for color, the other because it's similar to what is in a lot of shrimp foods.

My corydoras went ballistic when I fed them bottom scratcher for the first time.  It was a new type of protein for them.  Further feedings they were more calm.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For purposes of the experiment would be great to time how long it takes the shrimp to eat each block.

Some further suggestions:

* Keep a log of the time to eat each block over multiple feedings
* Ensure both batches were made at the same time
* Compare consumption time of 'fresh' vs 'old' batches
* Compare preference between 'fresh' Soilent vs 'old' Community, and 'old' Soilent vs 'fresh' Community

On 10/8/2023 at 3:36 PM, Creedmoor Aquatics said:

For purposes of the experiment would be great to time how long it takes the shrimp to eat each block.

This is going to vary from shrimp to shrimp.  If you're feeding a bit heavier the days before that time is going to change.

I would be sure to control consistency, size of the blocks, as well as feeding before the event.  I would think the "nano ice trays" with the small little cubes that people use for brine shrimp... 1 per 5-10 shrimp is about right.