Suggestions for online fish store

lmhicks101

I’m currently looking for 40 chili rasboras and came across . I was considering Do you guys have any suggestions or opinions on these sites? 

Both are overnight. I’m really wanting to know how likely I am to get a bag of DOA. If ones  more notorious then the other then the price is worth it. 

There are a few big companies that ship fish out to consumers as well as auction style sites mentioned above.  I was happy with my purchase from aquahuna.  I have also ordered from aquabid.  You may be able to find a coupon code, but understand that you are usually paying for higher quality and or QT procedures done prior to the fish arriving to you.  This doesn't mean you shouldn't QT the fish when they arrive, but it simply means that there may be reasons for the added inherent cost. 

The price of shipping is usually where the cost comes in.  The price of the fish isn't typically too bad.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1

@Guppysnail sorry about that. @SunBearQ @nabokovfan87 I’ve looked at their stock and the price isn’t bad. Like I was saying, if the price means better quality in both genetics and health I’ll be happy to pay a bit more. The Aquahuna one didn’t look so great with the with reviews. A few of them were about doa or just not healthy all around but that may have just been a bad batch. I check the others out now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/18/2023 at 2:54 AM, Guppysnail said:

@lmhicks101
Aqua huna, Aquabid and EBay are the vendors the forum guidelines list as approved for links. You can click the guidelines link to review them.

We don't discuss other aquarium related companies both positively or negatively per guidelines please. Thank you. 

^

On 5/27/2023 at 6:24 PM, Mary W. said:

I have gotten fish from AquaticArts and The Wet Spot in past couple of years, both good experiences for me -