White Clouds

Hello everyone. I’ve had my golden white cloud mountain minnows for about a year. I just moved them from a ten gallon to a 29 gallon. I have one female with a huge belly. She is just floating on some water sprite at the top. She move if I nudge her but that’s all. Egg bound? If so, can I do anything. I’m not very good with diseases and infections yet.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 12:35 AM, David Retired LEO said:

No pineconing 

Could be egg bound or the start of Dropys what I would do is quarantine and do  Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt  acts as a muscle relaxant to help release her eggs and it will also help with any possible fluid buildup and a course of metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks IMG_20230115_234815.jpg.a3581ed3b19939d92f43bd2558381359.jpg

Edited by Colu
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 4

On 3/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, Colu said:

Could be egg bound or the start of Dropys what I would do is quarantine and do  Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt  acts as a muscle relaxant to help release her eggs and it will also help with any possible fluid buildup and a course of metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks IMG_20230115_234815.jpg.a3581ed3b19939d92f43bd2558381359.jpg

@Colui have a 3 gallon hospital tank. I put her in it with epsom salt for 15 minutes, (((then do a 100% water change)))? or do I need another container? Could I do the bath part in a fish only Lowe’s bucket? Sorry for all the questions 

On 3/8/2023 at 2:28 PM, David Retired LEO said:

@Colui have a 3 gallon hospital tank. I put her in it with epsom salt for 15 minutes, (((then do a 100% water change)))? or do I need another container? Could I do the bath part in a fish only Lowe’s bucket? Sorry for all the questions 

Use a  bucket for Epsom salts bath then move her back to the tank after 15 minutes 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:28 AM, David Retired LEO said:

You only need a small container for the Epsom salt soak.  You can mix a gallon of the solution then use it in almost any type of container that is big enough for the fish to move around a bit, like a specimen container, a good sized bowl, a small pitcher, etc. Best if you can see through the sides to monitor her behavior.  You don’t have to fill the container, just a couple inches of solution is enough for a white cloud.  Your single gallon of mix should work for several soaks.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/aquarium-co-op-catch-cup

On 3/8/2023 at 9:43 AM, Odd Duck said:

You only need a small container for the Epsom salt soak.  You can mix a gallon of the solution then use it in almost any type of container that is big enough for the fish to move around a bit, like a specimen container, a good sized bowl, a small pitcher, etc. Best if you can see through the sides to monitor her behavior.  You don’t have to fill the container, just a couple inches of solution is enough for a white cloud.  Your single gallon of mix should work for several soaks.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/aquarium-co-op-catch-cup

Awesome, I do have an Aquarium Co Op specimen container. Thank you both / all

• Like 1