What Tank Setup Are You Daydreaming About?

AllFishNoBrakes

I'd love to get something like the Marineland combo at Petsmart. It's a 4ft long 75 gallon tank that comes with a nice stand and some other essentials. I would love to get some awesome hard-scape and make a really cool jungle type nature tank for my tiger barbs (plus I could add more tiger barbs). For now, sadly, it's going to have to stay a dream as I live in an apartment and don't really have the space for something so massive.

• Like 2

I would love to have a river style aquarium like what MD fish tanks had for his rainbow fish. I don’t know how he gets such amazing growth in his plants while not using CO2. I know he just started using it again and I can’t imagine what his tanks will look like now that he started using CO2.

• Like 1

I was setting up this 29g to rescue two harlequin rasbora (last two of my sister's 6+ year old school) and a brisstlenose pleco from a cramped 5g tank. Ive been dreaming of a shrimp tank for years and thought I could do a nice big (to me only having nano and 10g tanks) community shrimp tank. Noe after a lot of research it doesn't seem like anything I wanna do with it will work out so ill probably settle with keeping amano shrimp with a nano school and koi betta.  Ive never had a planted tank so this is already a major step up from the plastic plants and dragons I had as a tween. 

The old 5g fluval spec V may just have to become the solo rili shrimp tank

iPhone_cec3a_IMG_0536.JPG

iPhone_cec3a_IMG_0534.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My friend has a group of Neetroplus nematopus that just started pairing off. They said if they successfully get fry I can have some. These are supposedly super mean according to the net but his are like a playful group of guppies. Just pairing off and becoming sexually mature that may change. If they do become mean I’ll be saying no thank you. Until then I’ll just daydream. 
Here is a photo of one of his. Look at that ADORABLE face. 🥰

999D1548-42C8-4576-A366-558B40CE4700.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a dream. The dream is a 120 gallon without an ugly stand. All the stands I see online are ugly and everyone is all "you can't use a dresser". 

It has an angel fish pair for my husband who loves them, and rummy nose, and endlers and CPDS and cardinals and emerald dwarfs and maybe a honey gourami if they can be with the angels. And shrimps so maaaany of them. And snails. Beautiful mystery snails. 

Edited to add: Juli Cory too. Lots and lots of 'em

Edited by Miska
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2023 at 6:09 PM, Miska said:

I have a dream. The dream is a 120 gallon without an ugly stand. All the stands I see online are ugly and everyone is all "you can't use a dresser". 

Made me laugh but it is true.

Maybe if you know anyone handy, they could build you one?

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 2:06 PM, Sharon M said:

Made me laugh but it is true.

Maybe if you know anyone handy, they could build you one?

My dad was a woodworker and a construction worker and I wish he was still alive. I think I can probably actually fashion a mission style that would hold it, but... I do not want to *leans head back and sighs* but I will. But not right now. Maybe in 6 months.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 3:59 PM, Miska said:

My dad was a woodworker and a construction worker and I wish he was still alive. I think I can probably actually fashion a mission style that would hold it, but... I do not want to *leans head back and sighs* but I will. But not right now. Maybe in 6 months.

I'm sorry you lost your father. 

No matter how old you are, it is still very hard to lose a parent. 
A mission style would be very classy AND sturdy.

A 10 gallon nanf with elassoma and shrimp either rcs or glass depending on how strict I am, and a blackworm tower hidden behind a corner matten filter for constant feed also maybe least killie fish but I need to do more research. I also dream of a 75g Amazon similar to MDs but with larger groups of less species.

• Like 1