Ruud's 25.5G (96 liters) setup

Ruud

2 hours ago, Ruud said:

Been a while since I have been posting here, too much stuff going on at the moment. The tank still runs like a champ, super stable, bit of green algae (prob feeding a bit too much), plants are thriving and I even have a baby Swordfish! 

Will post a pic one of these days! 

So good to hear from you, Ruud! Glad to hear the tank is doing well. And yay for baby fish!!! Congrats!

• Like 1

Yup tank is doing great, just wished it was bigger or had more tanks but maybe next year. Trying to buy a house with a 100m2 basement but stuck in paperwork hassle and spanish red tape at the moment.  But maybe end of the year more tanks for me!

I do have issues with some argue and clouded water but trying to feed less now. 

Anyway, here some photos of fish!

image2-1.jpeg w

I just love this black balloon molly with great looking fin

image1-1.jpeg

Baby (or toddler by now) Swordfish

image0-10.jpeg

This one was sold to me as a male, but has an enormous belly so just wondering if it might be a pregnant female in disguise

Edited by Ruud
  • Like 2

So sad news the other day, my blue Gourami passed away. He was less lively and not eating much for a few days allready. Not sure what happened, he didn't look hurt or sick but maybe he was bullied by the other bigger male Gourami. 

On another note, I am starting to have a lot of what I think is beard algae lately. I have trimmed down the light from 8 hours to 6.5 and have been feeding less food. Is there anything else I can do?

image0-11.jpeg

So I ordered a bottle of Flourish Excel, what do you exactly mean with "spot treat" @Colu ?

Also other plant issues I have is that my Crypto has black/rusty spots, whilst my Amazon Swords start having yellow/transparent leaves whilst both also have BBA though most of it is on the wood. All point to deficiencies obviously, but should I add fertilizer or will this only make things worse with the BBA?

Thanks!!

Ruud