Hillstream breeding advice

BettaFishCO

Just looking for advice from successful hillstream breeders like how many in a tank, will a 10 be sufficient, best green foods etc.

I have a pic of the updated tank (last one had snails and I didn't want them to eat the eggs).

On another note, just found out that my 420 gallon pump on my 40 Betta barrack's that the pump wasn't strong enough to make enough pressure for my 1g drippers. So I trained in a hyperbolic chamber and came out above 9000.

Now I'm pushing 3500 gallon pump and switched to 4 gallon drippers. Minor adjustments needed.

IMG_20221224_162723942.jpg

IMG_20221224_162731035_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221224_120823654.jpg

@TheSwissAquaristThanks a lot. Ill reach out to cory.

I tried to upload a video of the rack but it didn't work. I'm behind on the whole messaging and sending tech nowadays. Im learning google drive links now and will post soon.

looks like I don't know how to message cory directly. I'm pretty sure I've watched all his videos on it though.

A

On 12/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, BettaFishCO said:

Just looking for advice from successful hillstream breeders like how many in a tank, will a 10 be sufficient, best green foods etc.

I think it'll work, will be slightly easier with a 10G tank.

I don't know how much flow you specifically need as opposed to air stones, decent circulation, and having the rock pile. I always kept mine with just good conditions, but didn't have the rocks setup for them. Looking at your current setup I might try to add some slightly smaller rocks to fill some of those voids or give them something slightly smaller in diameter.

Rachel O'Leary's tank is a great one to look at it you haven't seen it before.

@nabokovfan87my flow is usually just the sponge filter but to be safe with o2 for them, I've added an additional air stone. I saw the first one but not the second. Some of those fish are insane. The blue black gobi and red one are super cool.

LOL yea, I may have gone overboard with the large rocks. I just wanted large flat surfaces for them to dance on. Now that you mention it, it's way more packed than everyone else's. I'll keep it like this till algae grows on them then ill split 50/50 with a second tank and add smaller rocks. Thanks for sharing the vids. Sometimes i get lost researching and forget to sub to relevant channels like this one.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 2:47 PM, BettaFishCO said:

LOL yea, I may have gone overboard with the large rocks. I just wanted large flat surfaces for them to dance on. Now that you mention it, it's way more packed than everyone else's. I'll keep it like this till algae grows on them then ill split 50/50 with a second tank and add smaller rocks. Thanks for sharing the vids. Sometimes i get lost researching and forget to sub to relevant channels like this one.

100%.  I don't know what is "best" for them at this size.  It might be perfect, I just looked at it and saw some gaps.  I imagine a species only setup they will do what they do with a lot less fuss!  I have also heard of people hiding things in the rocks to help the fry even if the larger fish get in there.