Hello, Fellow Fish Friends

Terry M

Hello, greetings from Connecticut. I just signed up for this forum. I've been following Cory on YouTube for quite a while now and feel that Aquarium Co-op is one of the most informative sites in the hobby that I've found so far—certainly for planted tanks

This is actually my first attempt at a planted tank (29 gallon), done only a week ago. My goal is to have a community tank with small tetras, rasboras, otocinclus and perhaps a dwarf gourami or angelfish. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress and I'm sure I'll have many questions along the way.

Left Side 12-10-22.jpeg

Right Side 12-10-22.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will learn a lot here. Feel free to ask questions if you need help or advice on anything. This community is very helpful, and there are a lot of knowledgeable people in this group.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:22 PM, Schuyler said:

Welcome! Looks like you're off to a solid start. That's such a fun stage when there are so many possibilities.

Is that black diamond blasting sand?

What other tanks do you have it have you done?

Thank you! It's not black diamond, just black sand from Petco (Imagitarium, I think) with a bottom layer of Eco-complete in the "terrace" behind the rocks. This is the first planted tank I've ever done and the first one since around 1989! Now that I'm retired, I can devote more time to it. Still learning a lot about water chemistry. I enjoy it.

• Like 1