Vacation/moving dilemma

Scapexghost

So, for this tank, I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I'm going home for thanksgiving friday and won't be back till the following weekend. Naturaply, I'm concered leaving my fish for that long. It's probably ok for the older ones, but it's pushing it.

The dilemma is that I'll have to take the fish back home the 6th anyway, so shoyld i just take the tank home now?

Imo I would go ahead and do it now. Not sure where your at but colder weather in a couple weeks after Thanksgiving could make it more if a pain. But as well leaving them alone for that long then just getting back to there normal routine then getting packed up for a move a short time after. At least this way you can get them moved and mostly settled in on the Thanksgiving trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 4:07 PM, Scapexghost said:

So, for this tank, I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I'm going home for thanksgiving friday and won't be back till the following weekend. Naturaply, I'm concered leaving my fish for that long. It's probably ok for the older ones, but it's pushing it.

The dilemma is that I'll have to take the fish back home the 6th anyway, so shoyld i just take the tank home now?

Get two buckets, move the fish and your filters into tubs at the new location.  20G or so totes and split up whatever need be.  You can also  drop in the plants and let them float, perfectly fine.  These tubs sat for months.  I cannot stress it enough.... turn down the lights if you set it up like this. 

When I moved, I had a bucket for fish, for wood, for plants, for filters.  Lids on what I could cover and pumps and air stones on the filter / fish.

Then you come back after and get the tank and everything else.  You can leave the tank with just an airstone and the plants and all that will do fine (turn off the lights).

20210701_153151.JPG.833c58f4a3cc37b3f0805463c0623bb6.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 2:55 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I would go for totes over buckets. I moved fish in a bucket before and they got aggressive with each other because there was not enough swimming space.  Some killed others.

What kind of fish were they? Last time I moved, 30 guppies white clouds & neons all made it in a 10 liter bucket.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...