MTS

The endler guy

I treat mine with. SOMEDAY.  It’s mildly affective  

I have my permanent pet fish. Then I get the next fish or few fish I want to try. I keep them for however long I’m fascinated and when I find I no longer watch them just for pleasure and they are just work I adopt them to someone else and try the next on the list. 

Someday DOES NOT work for snails. I end up setting up most new tanks for a new snail type. I can never seem to part with any snail type so……

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

My spouse is an enabler be very careful of those. 

But mts is like herpes it can go dormant but once you've had it your never truly free of it. Any weak moment and there you are throwing out the tv make space for a new tank.

And it's person to person transmitted via suggestion and inspiration.

No cure only known treatment is credit limit.

• Haha 3

On 11/11/2022 at 8:15 PM, Aiden Carter said:

So recently I was diagnosed with MTS (multi tank syndrome) and I’m trying to understand more about it. Is it genetic, parasitic, mental, viral or bacterial; is it life threatening or transmissible? Also how is it treated?

I treat mine with making my current take as good as I can. Probably mental, but it can jump from one aquarist to another 😉 

• Haha 1

It is known to be highly contagious but fortunately has not proven to be zoonotic.  Currently it’s known to be spread by nearly any type of interaction or communication between fishkeepers of all ages and nationalities with no known predisposing factors.  Very strangely, it’s even spread by long distance and digital interactions.  The exact organism has not yet been identified as all the victims are reluctant for it to be studied too thoroughly and become uncooperative when questioned in depth.  Many do not seem to want treatment and are not interested in hearing about preventative measures.

It has been known to go into remission for extended periods of time, decades, even, before re-erupting into full blown cases.  It may prove to be an unusual case of mass hysteria similar to what happens in a mob situation but it can happen even in relatively isolated incidences with very little interaction between individuals.

Further study will be necessary to determine the exact method(s) of transmission since there have been cases precipitated by live interaction, distant interaction, digital interaction even over a period of time, and cases have even been known to occur with virtually zero interaction before the internet existed.  A very curious disease, indeed, with no known cure.  It can only be controlled by limiting the aquarist’s budget or by especially determined significant others.

• Haha 4

On 11/12/2022 at 10:04 PM, Odd Duck said:

It is known to be highly contagious but fortunately has not proven to be zoonotic.  Currently it’s known to be spread by nearly any type of interaction or communication between fishkeepers of all ages and nationalities with no known predisposing factors.  Very strangely, it’s even spread by long distance and digital interactions.  The exact organism has not yet been identified as all the victims are reluctant for it to be studied too thoroughly and become uncooperative when questioned in depth.  Many do not seem to want treatment and are not interested in hearing about preventative measures.

It has been known to go into remission for extended periods of time, decades, even, before re-erupting into full blown cases.  It may prove to be an unusual case of mass hysteria similar to what happens in a mob situation but it can happen even in relatively isolated incidences with very little interaction between individuals.

Further study will be necessary to determine the exact method(s) of transmission since there have been cases precipitated by live interaction, distant interaction, digital interaction even over a period of time, and cases have even been known to occur with virtually zero interaction before the internet existed.  A very curious disease, indeed, with no known cure.  It can only be controlled by limiting the aquarist’s budget or by especially determined significant others.

In short: it’s fun!

Reminds me of Kiplings poem; ‘it flits from bow to bow, makes its nest the the rhubarb tree and whistles like a cow’. (Some words may need replacing!)

• Haha 2