• Administrators
On 10/29/2022 at 7:42 AM, Aiden Carter said:

So I have a land section ~9x~12 how many Indian mudskippers do you think would be good stocking 

I would suggest 3 Indian mudskippers based on your current setup. If you were to add some line-of-sight breaks, you could have 4 or so. 

On 10/31/2022 at 3:25 PM, Zenzo said:

I would suggest 3 Indian mudskippers based on your current setup. If you were to add some line-of-sight breaks, you could have 4 or so. 

sorry I re measured it and it was 12x12 ( i originally used measurement on my iphone to tell the water section and then -that from 29 gallon dimensions) ill see about line of sight breaks. any suggestions? (preferably something that would look nice, fit the aesthetic, be cheap/ easy to get)

On 10/31/2022 at 3:25 PM, Zenzo said:

also any suggestions on where to get the mudskippers?

On 10/29/2022 at 10:51 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

It’s a 40 gal, right?

Maybe @Zenzo could help with the stocking question.

its a 29 gal

Edited by Aiden Carter

On 11/2/2022 at 11:47 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Are you in Singapore ( I used to live there)? The prices are in Singapore Dollars, which is why they seem so cheap...

no im from good ol merika! (maryland to be specific) they are just the only ones who currently have mudskippers in stock (besides az gardens; but azgardens is a scam and can go |insert expletive| them selves)

On 11/2/2022 at 4:39 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

No Opae ula would be expensive snacks for them. They should be kept on their own. I’ve thought about it. 

Not sure unless you use a transshipper that you could bring them in from Singapore. 

I’ve seen them with brackish water gobies, mollies, and puffers. Maybe @Zenzohas some thoughts. 

no i was planning on getting them from petshrimp

On 11/2/2022 at 4:57 PM, Zenzo said:

@Aiden CarterI have Amano shrimp (larger ones) with my Indian mudskippers. Opae ula are too small and would most certainly get eaten (expensive snack as @Beardedbillygoat1975mentioned). 

thats what i was thinking, ive heard mixed things about amanos (they only live in freshwater but need brackish/ salt to breed ( i know that for sure!) all sorts of different things) also its only 3-4 gallons also how much actual water does each mudskipper need (i dont want to over stock!) filtration is a 5 gallon sponge filter and diy power head for a 15-55 gallon (https://www.amazon.com/AQQA-Aquarium-Submersible-Saltwater-Freshwater/dp/B08KXHDLKC/ref=sr_1_24?crid=H0NITEYINEKQ&keywords=sponge%2Bfilter&qid=1667426739&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI2LjE5IiwicXNhIjoiNS44MCIsInFzcCI6IjUuNjQifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=sponge%2Bfilter%2Caps%2C122&sr=8-24&th=1 the pump bit every thing else is removed) 

Edited by Aiden Carter