Up side down

The endler guy

so my two previous posts ("Teacher dumped scam seeds into tank", and "aquarium co op™ brand easy green™ in brackish water?") have their images upside down! not sure if its something im doing wrong (if so id like to know!) or the forum doesn't like mobile (I mostly post on an iphone because it has all my aquarium photos)

On 10/26/2022 at 6:47 PM, lefty o said:

my understanding is ( let it be known i have no such technology so its all hearsay) is that if you slightly resize the picture first, it wont post upside down.

Ok I’ll test it!

A1A5C919-F029-4AF6-91FD-7B6B1EBDD26F.jpeg.1def10d875f0e8153c35baa5a3bfea1e.jpeghmmm odd it doesn’t seem to be turning upside down. Maybe the photos were just upside down!

D51EC71A-C276-4BF7-9508-F3B7F24719A1.jpeg

On 10/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, Aiden Carter said:

Ok I’ll test it!

A1A5C919-F029-4AF6-91FD-7B6B1EBDD26F.jpeg.1def10d875f0e8153c35baa5a3bfea1e.jpeghmmm odd it doesn’t seem to be turning upside down. Maybe the photos were just upside down!

D51EC71A-C276-4BF7-9508-F3B7F24719A1.jpeg

The forum software sometimes turns pics upside down. There is an explanation somewhere but it’s beyond my expertise.

I do know that if a pic is modified at all, it seems to post correctly oriented. I usually crop my photos at least a little so they post in the right orientation.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 12:49 PM, Aiden Carter said:

Thanks! she is a menace we have almost rehomed  her because she sprays everywhere 

There’s a lot of potential reasons for this from litter box style, litter type, how frequent box cleaning is done, and many possible environmental factors, etc.  Try looking at “Veterinary Partners” for some suggestions.  There’s a lot of info available, but make only one change at a time to figure out your cat’s trigger.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, Odd Duck said:

There’s a lot of potential reasons for this from litter box style, litter type, how frequent box cleaning is done, and many possible environmental factors, etc.  Try looking at “Veterinary Partners” for some suggestions.  There’s a lot of info available, but make only one change at a time to figure out your cat’s trigger.

No it’s mostly because we have 4 cats, and they are constantly in a war of territory, we love her and it was mostly a joke

On 10/28/2022 at 9:24 AM, Aiden Carter said:

No it’s mostly because we have 4 cats, and they are constantly in a war of territory, we love her and it was mostly a joke

This is something I council owners about nearly every day.  It’s a lot trickier with multi-cat households.  More litter boxes cleaned more often is the most common solution.  4 cats should have 5-6 litterboxes and twice daily scooping if there’s a problem cat in the household.  I have 4 cats, too.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:30 AM, Odd Duck said:

This is something I council owners about nearly every day.  It’s a lot trickier with multi-cat households.  More litter boxes cleaned more often is the most common solution.  4 cats should have 5-6 litterboxes and twice daily scooping if there’s a problem cat in the household.  I have 4 cats, too.

She isn’t peeing she is spraying (marking) we have had all of them for many years and it’s been a bit of a constraint thing most of them do like once a month. We also have 2 boxes upstairs, 1 on the upstairs landing, 1 on the downstairs landing and 1 in the basement. They don’t use them very often because most just do their business outside 

On 10/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, Aiden Carter said:

I have two dogs who despise each other 😂.

At around 1AM you can here a growlathon about who gets on my bed and who is boss. Always ends with the little feisty one winning (sigh!).

878A5F5C-B23A-430A-9B4D-33C78A2ABA49.jpeg

On 10/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I have two dogs who despise each other 😂.

At around 1AM you can here a growlathon about who gets on my bed and who is boss. Always ends with the little feisty one winning (sigh!).

878A5F5C-B23A-430A-9B4D-33C78A2ABA49.jpeg

We have lots of pets

4 cats

3 bunnies 

3 dogs 

2 fish tanks

here is one of our dogs being sick0AE155F8-033E-4F66-8668-256FF11CE9BC.jpeg.0201a1ddbbcfa895ae5936d52b9fda37.jpeg

Mere beginners. 😉 😆 😂 😘 

6 living siblings (1 passed last year), 4 dogs, 4 cats, 2 birds (one is a severe macaw that I’ve had since 1983 - he was probably between 6-10 years old when I got him, 1 cockatiel I rescued about 1.5 yrs ago).

I can’t even count the fish at this point with a big clutch of cories (probably around 70-80?), 2 clutches of super red plecos (around 25-30 each clutch), and guppies popping out by the minute.  I have at least a hundred fish just in my 100 gallon nano tank.  And it’s not like I set out to have a massive breeding operation.  I did think I was going to breed shrimp but decided I liked the idea of raising fish better.  Mostly 10 gallon tanks x 8, 5’s x 4, a couple 20’s, a 29, plus my 3 bigger tanks and the rest of The Low Row (one of the 20’s is part of The Low Row).  Can’t forget the scud jars with a few snails.  I need to thin the snails out.

How did this happen, anyway?  😂 🤣 

• Like 1

It has been discussed previously.  Here’s the first post I remember seeing about it.  It happened occasionally previously but seemed to worsen significantly when there was a forum update.  About halfway down the first page is the explanation for why since it seems to happen across multiple brands of phones and computers but is not universal since some computers seem to fix it when the phone pics are uploaded.

• Thanks 1