Rehome fresh water fish

BeckyMc

I need to rehome fish. They are fresh water. My daughter's tank and she is going to be away from home for 9-12 months and I am not able to maintain and care for the fish properly. I know they're guppies, angle, pleco, but a few more breeds.  I am not sure where to turn to find these guys a new home?

IMG_5147.jpeg

• Like 1

Once you get to 50 posts the fish trade section opens up.  Just wanted to mention that in case it helps you out at all. 🙂

I understand the need and urgency and hopefully someone is available!

At the worst case of the situation, I think we'd all be more than happy to help point you in the direction to care for the fish and have it be very easy to do so if that is something you can do.  I understand you mentioned you can't and there could be some physical limitation / injuries going on, I totally understand.  I just wanted to mention that as well.

• Like 1

You could try reaching out to the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society - GSAS.  They maybe able to help.  I see lots of pretty fish and some nice plants that can still be saved, too.  Hopefully someone close by can help.

Edited by Odd Duck
Correct group name
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, BeckyMc said:

Hi, I am located in the Seattle area. And thanks for your reply.

Make a post on the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society Facebook page. As long as the fish are free it’s ok to post. I bet they’ll be spoken for in less than a day. 

• Like 3

On 10/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, BeckyMc said:

Hi, I am located in the Seattle area. And thanks for your reply.

The Greater Seattle Area Buying and Selling Facebook group, as well as the Washington State Aquarium Rehoming Facebook group will surely have lots of people that will be happy to take the fish or the whole setup if you make a post about it. 

• Like 1