My bettas condition has worsened

Rebirth

On 10/18/2022 at 10:40 PM, Rebirth said:

Ah. I always gave them to my shubunkin. I need to raise some daphnia. I bet she’d get a kick out of live prey. Thanks 🙏  

Shubunkin are omnivores with a leaning towards herbivore, so peas make perfect sense for them.  She would likely love live Daphnia, good for them and great exercise, satisfies their little predatory souls, but some will eat frozen Daphnia, too.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Rebirth you may also want to consider epsom salt baths for no more than 15 mins a day for a week or so to help with swelling- but if it stresses the betta more after you try it once or twice I'd just do what I first advised. 

If I remember correctly, half a tablespoon per gallon NO additives just Epsom. I mix up a gallon with the salt in a jug and just pour a little into a container at a time for the soaks. The bottle lasts the duration of the treatment typically with a small fish and container. I would hand catch the Betta to try and reduce and further trauma. 

So i just thawed some blood worms and mixed in a quarter dose of meds as recommended. She ate! Can I put remainder in fridge for later or new batch everytime? If fridge how long?

What I did is this:

Barely thaw out cube of bloodworms. Mix in meds (in my case also Focus, it helps bind the meds). Cut out the plastic mold that the bloodworms came out of and put them back in that mold. Freeze it in its own lidded container (I use small ziplock sauce containers) marked "medicated". Every day you need it, just cut off a piece of the cube and put it in a dish or small container to thaw (doesn't take long, less than 10 mins- I've never timed it- just usually come back 10 mins later). Put the rest in freezer. food.jpg.6668a32bdbc6d94af7841df4755cc860.jpgfood2.jpg.e39fa1a72fbd0def9284d698192ada29.jpg

Leaving it in the fridge won't last long- if I cut too much and have too many, what I've been doing is taking an ice pack and putting the thawed container with the leftovers on top of the ice pack in the fridge- this prevents the worms from getting brown too fast as they tend to do just sitting in the fridge but don't freeze and I feed them the very next day- if I still have more they get tossed. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Update: My betta is doing well and has recovered 80% -90%. Thank you all for your help. It was invaluable. I’m still treating with maracyn II as she still has clear places on her eyes. Are those like scabs that will heal? Are they still infected? How long should I treat? She’s eating and swimming. I think she is blind or partially blind. I did read that optic nerves can be regenerated. Thanks for help.

32D6DFF5-A3B6-4B6C-A23A-5AE8387A89CA.jpeg

8E927C01-0529-4074-B133-92111969E8F1.jpeg