Corydoras eggs??!!

Anjum

Aaaaand the eggs have already disappeared. I assume any of the tank inhabitants could've eaten them.. Rasboras, SAE, or the Corys themselves. 

I'm so surprised they'd be spawning already though! Now I gotta decide if I want to go down that rabbit hole... 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 8:40 PM, Anjum said:

Aaaaand the eggs have already disappeared. I assume any of the tank inhabitants could've eaten them.. Rasboras, SAE, or the Corys themselves. 

I'm so surprised they'd be spawning already though! Now I gotta decide if I want to go down that rabbit hole... 

Egg survival is luck of the draw inside a community tank. But this also means your cories are feeling happy and well fed, so congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2022 at 6:50 AM, Odd Duck said:

That rabbit hole can get deep and sometimes leads to MTS!  😆 

Who am I kidding? I'm already down the rabbit hole 😂 I could always set up another 5 gal for hatching... 

On 9/18/2022 at 6:58 AM, OutBout said:

Egg survival is luck of the draw inside a community tank. But this also means your cories are feeling happy and well fed, so congrats!

These Corys were comfortable & outgoing from day 1 (superb quality from ACO!). They get repashy & freeze dried daphnia in the morning & a little repashy & frozen bloodworms in the evening. I'll be picking up more variety of frozen next time I go to the LFS. 

On 9/18/2022 at 8:11 AM, Ken Burke said:

I colony breed corydoras in a couple of my community tanks, so you don’t need to go too far down the rabbit hole to have baby corydoras. It looks like you have a lot of plants to provide cover for the babies, so feed them well, and you may end up with this.

70C61D2D-5DFE-4598-AF20-CAB4F780C4C0.jpeg.0155bf282bb97bd9e0d22e39b255beb7.jpeg4179E00D-07F7-4F15-B6D2-61333E03AE9C.jpeg.13ac418bf6ca5ae85701d03d23b185a5.jpeg

I'd be thrilled! This 29 could use a few more & I have a 20L up & running with no inhabitants yet. Lots of room 🤗

• Love 2

I'm going to let nature take its course. I'll see how many hatch and survive. It's the first time anything has ever laid any eggs for me, and they are everywhere! If they all get eaten then I guess it is a good dinner for something, and if they don't then more friends!

• Like 4