Hello from potato land!

krislegitl

Hey all! My name is Kris! I live currently in eastern Idaho! (Rexburg area). I also am an avid videogame collector. 

I just got my undergrad degree in environmental geoscience with a minor in natural resources. My original goal was to go into the fisheries business/environmental mitigation, but I have a real passion for teaching. So I am starting next month on my Masters in Biology education. 

Like everyone, I started in the hobby with a tiny 1 gallon Betta tank and MTS has set in. Now I have a 3 gallon shimp tank, a 10 gallon quarantine tank, a 8 gallon Betta tank, and a 90 gallon community. (Pics attached because people would cry if I didn't.)(btw, that's a yam)

I'm actually working on starting a local exotic pet store in town because we don't have any and the town is starting to boom. 

received_871777000462393.jpeg

20220904_153309.jpg

Edited by krislegitl
  • Like 5

Hello Kris,

All I can say is WOW. Great tanks! Congrats on your undergrad degree and my best wishes in your pursuit of a Master's degree in Biology. I joined a week ago and everyone has been very helpful and supportive.  I'm also from Idaho, the northern panhandle.  Unlike you I'm new to aquarium life but am enjoying learning about plants, fish and water conditions. This senior citizen is taking a crash course in a little science, chemistry and biology. It's a little stressful since I was never good in the science/math department. lol We'll just call this my lab assignment.  Or on the job training? lol. I'm rattling on, forgive me, and welcome to the swim neighbor.

Biology is great. I don’t have a degree in it but I have lots of classes in biology and soils science. Agronomy undergrad and business masters. I have begun substitute teaching as a retirement gig. I wish I had done it as a career. Good luck and welcome. So far everyone has been great hear and I have found most people are wondering and helpful. We love to see things under microscopes so if you get a chance to use those those fancy School microscopes use them and post the pics.

Edited by rockfisher