I think I have a tiny tiny crack in my aquarium

sweetpoison

I have been trying to get a picture for the last hour.  I take pictures all the time and never had a problem with a Macro shot but here it is. I must’ve got dinged in the move of 50 steps away from my burnt up apartment🤦‍♀️

I can’t feel it, it’s inside or out it won’t go away!  At first I thought it was a stuck on bubble. I don’t know ~ will it spider ~ should I just blow it off ~ should I go get a new tank?

I am putting fish in a tank I’ll be damned if I’m gonna stop now!

What would you do?

Edited by sweetpoison
I still have no idea what I’m doing

That might be a bubble inside the glass if you can’t feel it on the inside or the outside.  It will be a potential weak spot in the glass, but unless your tank takes a hit right exactly there, it’s unlikely to be an issue.  If it’s a brand new tank, I would return it.  If it’s not brand new and under warranted, I would use it unless it’s a small enough tank to be cheap to replace or if you can comfortably afford a replacement.  Keep an eye on the bubble and the surrounding glass, but it’s seems not too likely to be an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Depending where you got the tank, call the manager and they will likely swap it out for you.   Depending on the store policy, or manager themselves.  Worst case is you just buy the replacement and take the one you have back.

I would swap it out. Especially given it's on the side panel and those tend to move under load.  If it's on the front / back glass, definitely swap it out.  If it's on the side, you might have a lower risk.

You would?  Well shitums.  This tank came in a kit so I don’t think they would just give me another tank.  I don’t know though ~ 

And this crack if that’s what it is probably happened when the movers moved it….50 feet🙄

$50 for a 20 gallon long at Walmart or I could wait until there’s a sale a dollar a gallon thing…

On 8/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Depending where you got the tank, call the manager and they will likely swap it out for you.   Depending on the store policy, or manager themselves.  Worst case is you just buy the replacement and take the one you have back.

I would swap it out. Especially given it's on the side panel and those tend to move under load.  If it's on the front / back glass, definitely swap it out.  If it's on the side, you might have a lower risk.

I have a new one coming tomorrow. I have to drain the tank and take out all the gravel I know I know it’s only 20 gallons it’s not 55 or 100 but still I’m allowed to wine

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:48 PM, sweetpoison said:

I have a new one coming tomorrow. I have to drain the tank and take out all the gravel I know I know it’s only 20 gallons it’s not 55 or 100 but still I’m allowed to wine

I have a 29G I want to move slightly right. I just really, really, really don't want to stress the tank / fish out and it's a whole thing.  I totally understand.  It's a setback, but.... long term, you'll be happy about it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, sweetpoison said:

You would?  Well shitums.  This tank came in a kit so I don’t think they would just give me another tank.  I don’t know though ~ 

And this crack if that’s what it is probably happened when the movers moved it….50 feet🙄

$50 for a 20 gallon long at Walmart or I could wait until there’s a sale a dollar a gallon thing…

No more $1 a gallon sales but the sale is stil close.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, sweetpoison said:

What company was the kit from?

My tank was delivered just a little while ago. Unfortunately I got the wrong size I got a 20 gallon long ~  mine is a 29 gallon same length but it’s a lot taller. So I called and they’re warranty is only 30 days I bought it March 26 th😞So I’m gonna keep the 20 long but still I have to buy the 29 gallon to replace the cracked One.

Aqueon makes the one that’s cracked.

Well I’m taking the wrong size that I bought ~ the 20 long and they are giving give me credit Towards the 29, tomorrow.  I was gonna keep it but then I’d have to get a Stand a lid a light. Forget it I want to get fish!!😂

And the wet pets are still a long time coming from now anyway😮😂