Went to the hardware store this morning and picked up some stainless steel screws to fix the wood and slate this morning. Just drilled a couple of holes in the rock and attached the screws through the bottom into the piece of mopani. Should stand strong for years to come.

IMG_20231013_104534769.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Found a couple of young paley corys in the 29 gallon today. Not the first time they have spawned and a couple have made it. Thing is I never see any eggs or anything. But obviously they are breeding. That's the kind of breeding I like. Just notice one day oh I have some new fish. But I let that tank well all of my tanks say loaded with alot of floating guppy grass and hornwort. So they always have plenty of places to hide eggs for a few to be able to make it. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow. Have to close at work tonight so keep it fishy my friends.

• Love 3

That's awesome, congrats @TeeJay.

For the Halloween spirit I have to nudge you or ask you about a show on Netflix. "28 days haunted."

For the corydoras, one of my favorite things is having big plants and you see their behavior. You know exactly what's going on and you get to learn their "spots". It's just one of those fun little things where you get to understand them in a different way and it's interesting to see them use their instincts!

The black corydoras I haven't figured out. The pandas liked dark sections/caves under wood and then specifically under anubias coffeefolia leaves.  Floating anubias they tended to like too.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:44 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

For the Halloween spirit I have to nudge you or ask you about a show on Netflix. "28 days haunted."

For the corydoras, one of my favorite things is having big plants and you see their behavior. You know exactly what's going on and you get to learn their "spots". It's just one of those fun little things where you get to understand them in a different way and it's interesting to see them use their instincts!

The black corydoras I haven't figured out. The pandas liked dark sections/caves under wood and then specifically under anubias coffeefolia leaves.  Floating anubias they tended to like too.

I have never heard of it. I just did a quick search and found out what it is. It a good idea in theory. But it's a television show so I can already tell you they are making extra stuff happen to make it more interesting. Now if you looking for something along those lines. Discovery plus has a documentary called the longest ghost hunt. Taken place at penhurst asylum in Pa that's worth watching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 10/14/2023 at 2:36 PM, TeeJay said:

Discovery plus has a documentary called the longest ghost hunt. Taken place at penhurst asylum in Pa that's worth watching.

That's awesome. It's worth checking out as a show. As you mentioned. Things may or may not be going on behind the scenes and editors have a lot of power there. I enjoyed it.

It's probably 4-8 episodes. Nothing crazy long. Just a Netflix thing.

On 10/14/2023 at 6:50 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

That's awesome. It's worth checking out as a show. As you mentioned. Things may or may not be going on behind the scenes and editors have a lot of power there. I enjoyed it.

It's probably 4-8 episodes. Nothing crazy long. Just a Netflix thing.

Oh yes don't get me wrong I still watch them all. They have great entertainment value. But my 2 takeaways are always

1. Where are they investigating

2. What equipment are they using

• Like 3

On 10/14/2023 at 8:45 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I do giggle when they are using an Xbox kinect camera. Not sure why that is remotely useful at all.

Very good points!

Ok so the theory in the sls camera or "structure light sensor". So the Xbox kinect camera is a structure light sensor. It senses us when we stand in front of it. So in theory it can sometimes detect the structures of a spirit human being or entity. My team has one and we use it sometimes. As with anything else it works good in some locations and not so well in others.

I love the fun tech equipment It has its uses for the right time. But honestly the equipment I use the most is my own 5 senses and my twist on maglight flashlight. 

Just finished the first episode. I didn't realize it was loosely based on ed and Lorraine's theory of 28 days. A few of the people in the show I'm pretty familiar with. I'm enjoying it so far. Not really caring for the 2 person team at the general store. Something about those 2 I don't like.

• Like 3

On 10/14/2023 at 3:44 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Just finished the 28 days haunted show. I was pleasantly surprised and I enjoyed there take on what Ed and Lorraine believed to be true. I think as a whole they did a great job. Was well worth the watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 4:53 PM, TeeJay said:

Just finished the 28 days haunted show. I was pleasantly surprised and I enjoyed there take on what Ed and Lorraine believed to be true. I think as a whole they did a great job. Was well worth the watch.

Here's to hoping for season 2. Feels like a show you'd enjoy to participate in. (Just saying)

It's definitely one where I was glad I finished it and got to see the full scope of it all. Glad you enjoyed!

On 10/15/2023 at 7:27 AM, TeeJay said:

Not really caring for the 2 person team at the general store. Something about those 2 I don't like.

What did you think at the end of them!? They were the one a lot of people liked i believe.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:27 AM, TeeJay said:

But honestly the equipment I use the most is my own 5 senses and my twist on maglight flashlight. 

You'll have to show it off for us one day.

I think my favorite thing is honestly multiple spectrum static cameras.