On 9/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, Guppysnail said:

At least you caught it in time before there were issues. Now it’s nice and safe for all your exciting stuff. 

Yeah except 3 corners are lice and level and one is off a bit. Tried shim but that makes it worse. Slit it out from the wall to see if the floor was a bit off but made no difference. This is how much the corner is off 

IMG_20220901_182636770.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got the dang thing level. Felt bad for my daughter. Had her crawling around on the floor for almost 45 mins. Putting shims in. Tanking shims out. Woof. But it's level and a new tank so we should be good for years to come.

On a side note maybe I'll used the cracked aquarium to grow herbs in. 

• Like 3

Put in a co op order today for se fun foods and other things we will need for the new killifish that should be coming by the end of next week. As well there will be one other new addition to the killifish tank. It will be a new tank inhabitant. But that will be a surprise until it arrives. Have to keep some suspense to keep everyone on the edge of there seats 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:15 PM, Guppysnail said:

Roughly 30 days from berries they hatch. They are to small for me to see the first two weeks then these itty bitty shrimplettes will venture where I can almost distinguish they are shrimplettes. 

Yes I'm sure I probably have 3-4 more weeks before I will be able to see them. But plenty of other adventures to tend to while the hatch and make themselves known

• Like 1

You can use the cracked tank for an emersed grow out tank for aquarium plants! You only need a little water on the bottom for that.

ETA: you mentioned sand a while back. I just added sand to my existing substrate in the 29 I added the Corys to. It's shown most recently in the journal I linked in my signature. I literally just added it on top & mixed it up a bit. Super easy. 

Edited by Anjum
  • Like 2

Oh yes I always rr any plants that done come from the co ops. It's actually 2 pieces of mopani hooked together. Boiled them for 3 10 min rounds to get most of the tannins out. I always boil more for tanks with fish. And just once for wood going into the shrimp tank.

• Like 2

I know it's a horrible pic but I got the light put up for the emersed plants in the back of the tank today. I forgot I had a finnex stingray that came with this tank when I bought it. I switched it for a hygger. So I just used some 3m strips to hang up a couple of shelf brackets and sat the light on top. That way as the plants grow if I need to I can raise the height of the light. The killis will probably shipped out on Tues or wed. As well the secret tankmate"s" will be coming this week as well. Everything is all set up and ready to gooooo!

IMG_20220904_154807927.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Attention Attention! The new least killifish will be shipped on Wednesday! So I should have them by Friday!. This will be my first fish purchase that is being shipped. So I am a bit nervous. There journey will only be one state over so I hope that makes it easy on them. I'm sure once they ship I won't be sleeping much that night. But there tank is all set up and ready to go. So be sure to stay tuned in a few days for the big unboxing! As well don't forget the new mystery inhabitant that will also be coming this week as well. Maybe a day or two before the killis arrive. It's go time everyone!

• Love 3

Good morning fishy friends. Welcome to the Cory adventure edition of coffee with TeeJay.

We have a couple of announcements today. First I will be ordering the sand for there tank this week for making the substrate change in the upcoming couple of weeks! I have never done a sand substrate before so I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm curious to see how they interact with it and if helps in the spawning process to get the mojo going.😎

The second announcement is that the Corys too will have a new mystery inhabitant as well coming in this week! I'm sure your thoughts are is he adding least killis in there too? Nope you will have to stay tuned to see what happens. Until then the Cory's say hello

IMG_20220905_074323928.jpg

• Love 2

Just checking on our shrimpy friends this morning while have the morning coffee. There is at least 6 of them chasing each other around the tank. Almost doing laps. I'm not familiar with the breeding process. Could this be a mate chase? It sure is fun to watch them do it. As well I just put in an order for some alder cones and filao cones. I have never used them before but excited to see how they interact with them and if they enjoy nom nom them. And a hearty hello from this shrimpy friend be sure to zoom in so you can see the smile.

IMG_20220905_075450760.jpg

• Love 3

On 9/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, Guppysnail said:

If your boy shrimp are frantically swimming the water column instead of eating you can bet there is a little girl putting out the boy catching pheromones 

That's what I was thinking. Very interesting to watch.