Who is going to the Dallas Aquashella? This will my first time, pretty excited……

I went last year and I am going this year too. there were some free samples(I don't remember if it was at the booths or at the beginning) there were fish, invertebrates, reptiles, and some insects, there was a lot of decor at a decent price. but the best part of the event were the speakers

• Like 3

We went to the Dallas Aquashella last year (our 1st time) and had a blast. There were so many booths selling lots of fish, plants, coral, snails, food, gifts and decor. There was a raffle you could buy tickets for that had lots of great fish related items. There were lots of youtube/fishtube people there that were so nice and talked fish with us and also guest speakers on lots of different subjects. FYI…there are also a lot of booths that cater to salt water if that is your interest. We had a great time and will be going again this year. VIP tickets got us in earlier than general admission which allowed for more talking to the youtube/fishtubers. Don’t be surprised if you spend more money than planned as there is so many neat things to see and get, we sure did! I hope you have a great time!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/31/2022 at 11:56 AM, Tuscany Heather said:

Fantastic, I will be there both days too, went with the VIP access in hope to be able to see everything.  Very interested in the shrimp competition.  Might stop by and say hi. 

Please do if you get the chance, Michelle loves talking shrimp. 

• Love 1

Due to no liquids allowed, I would think fish would be ruled out. But anything that can be put in your suitcase I would think would be ok.  I would think that some of the vendors might ship for you?   I’m originally from CA, sure do miss the weather out there. Have fun! Good luck. 

On 8/3/2022 at 6:31 PM, Tuscany Heather said:

Due to no liquids allowed, I would think fish would be ruled out. But anything that can be put in your suitcase I would think would be ok.  I would think that some of the vendors might ship for you?   I’m originally from CA, sure do miss the weather out there. Have fun! Good luck. 

Actually, folks are often allowed to fly with fish in hand. I guess TSA figures if fish can live in it, it's just water! Here is a video Irene did:

• Love 1

On 8/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, Goldie Blue said:

I'm local and this will be my first time going! I am SO excited, and hope to meet up with some of you. Hope everyone has fun!

I didn’t realize you were local.  What city?  I’m in North Richland Hills.

• Love 2

On 8/5/2022 at 12:45 PM, Odd Duck said:

What city?  I’m in North Richland Hills.

I'm technically in Fort Worth, but we're right by Lake Worth! I just found out CPAC will be this weekend, and right across the freeway from Aquashella 😩I can't wait to see what traffic is like. I'm only there on Saturday but I'd definitely like to stop by and say hi to you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/8/2022 at 6:07 PM, Struggle said:

Not sure if I saw anyone either but Michelle and I worked the shrimp contest both mornings so if you saw a guy with a mustache and beautiful blonde lady that was us 😀

I’m pretty sure I saw you nudging shrimp out of hiding with a tool that looked like a tiny white, fragile, hammer and said in passing, “I wondered how that would be done.” Or something to that effect.  I also saw her, and I assume you, throughout the day. I was at the raffle booths off and on through both days.

Hahaha, that was one of the judges with the hammer but yes we were wondering around throughout the day and passed by you several times! Sometimes together, some times with kids, sometimes with kids and Grandkids, sometimes alone but I have to admit my feet and legs are a little sore, 😂. I’ll not be wearing flip flops next year for sure. 

The raffle area was crazy packed!!! I definitely tried to stay out of that area at raffle time. 

On 8/8/2022 at 6:43 PM, Odd Duck said:

I’m pretty sure I saw you nudging shrimp out of hiding with a tool that looked like a tiny white, fragile, hammer and said in passing, “I wondered how that would be done.” Or something to that effect.  I also saw her, and I assume you, throughout the day. I was at the raffle booths off and on through both days.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, Struggle said:

Hahaha, that was one of the judges with the hammer but yes we were wondering around throughout the day and passed by you several times! Sometimes together, some times with kids, sometimes with kids and Grandkids, sometimes alone but I have to admit my feet and legs are a little sore, 😂. I’ll not be wearing flip flops next year for sure. 

The raffle area was crazy packed!!! I definitely tried to stay out of that area at raffle time. 

I should have looked closer at faces!  🤦🏻‍♀️ If you noticed a stocky, older lady with a thick brown and gray braid, pushing hard to sell those raffle tickets, that was me.  It’s for such a good cause and I was very impressed with how much money was raised - over $15,650.00!  My buddy John was the head raffle organizer so I was helping him out.  They made almost double what they made at the last Aquashella in Chicago!  In case anybody doesn’t know, the proceeds all go toward the #1000 Mermaids Fund which is a 501(C)3 group that is helping to restore reef habitat.  They are a part of the Ocean Rescue Alliance.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:59 PM, Odd Duck said:

I should have looked closer at faces!  🤦🏻‍♀️ If you noticed a stocky, older lady with a thick brown and gray braid, pushing hard to sell those raffle tickets, that was me.  It’s for such a good cause and I was very impressed with how much money was raised - over $15,650.00!  My buddy John was the head raffle organizer so I was helping him out.  They made almost double what they made at the last Aquashella in Chicago!  In case anybody doesn’t know, the proceeds all go toward the #1000 Mermaids Fund which is a 501(C)3 group that is helping to restore reef habitat.  They are a part of the Ocean Rescue Alliance.

Wow, that is amazing so much money was raised!

• Like 1