Hello from Los Angeles

DaPrawf

Hi. I’m getting back into the hobby after taking some time off because my golden retriever wanted to play with the fish. (She also watched TV. Odd dog, but I loved her.) Starting with a moderately planted 29 gallon tank. Java ferns. Various sizes and varieties of Anubias. Lots of Bucephalandra. Lots of moss. Duckweed. Finished cycling and added 5 Venezuelan Orange Corydoras as my first fish. 

• Like 4

First fish. Five Orange Venezuelan Corydoras. I read a lot of conflicting advice about whether to use sand or gravel. But I saw a video from Cory McElroy that corydoras live on sharp substrate in the wild, so I'm hoping smooth gravel should be okay.

Orange Venezuelan corys1.jpeg

Orange Venezuelan corys2.jpeg

Edited by DaPrawf
Added some more explanation. Corrected typo.
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 1:13 PM, DaPrawf said:

Thanks, guys. Here’s a photo of the tank pre-stocking. It’s a Vizio 29 gallon. AquaClear 50. Fluval 100W heater. Airstone. Finnex planted 24/7 crv LED. 

The ohko is very cool. I enjoy how you've set it up.  I'll be ver intrigued to see how things progress for you!

On 8/2/2022 at 12:31 PM, DaPrawf said:

First fish. Five Orange Venezuelan Corydoras. I read a lot of conflicting advice about whether to use sand or gravel. But I saw a video from Cory McElroy that corydoras live on sharp substrate in the wild, so I'm hoping smooth gravel should be okay.

based on the photo. 100000000% get some sand please!

• Like 1