Who’s your tank boss?

macdaddy36

ME!

Kidding 😂

In the family tank it's a red tailed black shark aptly named grace.  In my main tank there is a female corydoras that is about 2x the size of everything else in the tank and she's the queen. 

You can see both here. They had a fun night swimming around.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2022 at 4:42 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

ME!

Kidding 😂

In the family tank it's a red tailed black shark aptly named grace.  In my main tank there is a female corydoras that is about 2x the size of everything else in the tank and she's the queen. 

You can see both here. They had a fun night swimming around.

GeeZ that is a massive Cory.

• Like 1

IMG_0965.PNG.3d927f598e5f93cd0c0959b099efbe06.PNGI've got two tank bosses. For the upper part of my tank I have a Pink Tail Chalceus named "Steven" and for the bottom it would be a yo-yo loach named "Shamu". I love them both and neither is overly aggressive, thank goodness. I will say that Shamu respects Steven and stays out of his area unless there are floating pellets available that Steven hasn't eaten.

IMG_0686.jpeg.f9868093ed529dee744a8183da002c90.jpeg

Edited by Lots Of Loaches
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Each tank has their own. 

guppy tank- Angel the male longfin lemon blue eyed pleco.  He swims all through the water column chasing guppies when they try to steal his wafer or his girl Lefty’s wafer. It’s adorable because he is not aggressive about it. Sadly by the time he gets back a different guppy or 10 has already stolen the wafer. 

Panda cory tank- big momma. She is much larger than my other female pandas. She inspects what I put in the food dish prior to others being allowed to eat. If they sneak in first she chases them out.

pygmy cory tank- CPDsare boss all day. Big Daddy is head honcho same with mom n dad pleco tank. The alpha male CPD bosses everyone 

guppy girl grow out-  one girl was born with a v shape spine. She is more mother hen to the babies than boss

guppy boy grow out - a little boy got stuck in a pothos planter as a fry and it stunted his growth. He is a half inch big and is The Godfather Boss even when the other boys grow up. It’s adorable. 

My other tanks are harmonious and no boss exists. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

My community tank is so interesting because it almost has many bosses. At feeding time everyone gets out of the way for my adult golden zebra loach on the bottom and my betta on the top level. I have these 2 ancient cherry barbs that are leftover from downsizing old schools that have died off, and they each guard a little cave in the bottom section of the tank. For a while my platies were all on the same playing field, but since my new addition hi-fin male has become comfortable in the tank, he has established himself as the alpha breeding male of the bunch. 

• Like 1

This angel is clearly tank boss. When a new pair of angels were added, he immediately began educating them on the tank hierarchy.  He cruises everywhere during the day but spends most of his time on the left side of the tank, with a single gourami in attendance. When the tank goes dark, all of the fish gather on his side of the tank.

Angelfish.jpg

• Like 1