Hello form the US East Coast!

Hello water lovers! I have been a freshwater fish keeper for about 2 decades now and I love it. I currently tend to a 75 gallon non planted Tetra community tank and a 10 gallon planted tank (more on that disaster in a future post). Looking to get some helpful tips on the planted tank from those with the experience and knowledge. I have kept a wide variety of fish over the years and I would have to say a group of 20+ Rummynose Tetras are my favorite. Love their tight schooling behavior and the bright red nose. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome. Plants are your best friend for a tank. They help keep Nitrates in check. It all depends on what kind of aquascape you're going for. But, you honestly can't really 'over plant' a tank. 

Regardless of what substrate you have, you will eventually need to fertilize your plants - as nutrient-rich substrates can't keep their nutrients forever.

On 7/7/2022 at 10:48 AM, Wet Elbows said:

I would say I'm not too far from you. I live in Sothern Delaware!

Welcome to the forum - i'm an East Coast guy also - just down in Georgia!

Rummy Nose have always seemed like a neat fish to me also - have never kept any (yet) though.