Greetings from SE North Carolina!

Paul

I was out of the hobby for quite a while if you don’t include the 1000 gallon Koi pond I dug in the backyard of my old home. I keep Discus in a 120 community tank and I also have Kribs, Rams and Apistogramma nijsseni and cacatuoides in smaller tanks. I live in an area with1 LFS (and they do mostly marine) and a couple of chain stores so not much available outside of the run of the mill so I’ve been getting my fix on Aquabid and other online  sources. I’m looking forward to some good discussions.

0108A445-9104-4085-B8BB-356A41E9D103.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Streetwise said:

Sweet tank, Paul! It looks like you can enjoy it from all sides.

Thanks. It’s built into the wall between my office and the kitchen/great room. 

Edited by Paul

• 7 months later...

Hey Paul and Daniel, 

I live in Wilmington and am hoping to set up my first ponds/tubs this summer. Thinking of a couple in the 40-50 gallon range. I’d like to dedicate one to some apistogrammas but can find anywhere local or online to get some. 

Any ideas where I might find some in our area? Or maybe online?

Thanks,

Will

18 minutes ago, WillMcK said:

Any ideas where I might find some in our area? Or maybe online?

I think there is a 'Fish Room' LFS in Wilmington, NC.

I shop at the one in Raleigh, and if the one in Wilmington is anything like the Raleigh store, then it will be first class.

Check it out and let us know.

I bought some Apistogramma nijsseni from Aquabid this summer and I am very happy with them.

Unfortunately the Fish Room in Wilmington is not really that impressive. I still support them when I can but it seems like covid has hit them pretty hard in terms of orders, as I’d imagine is common everywhere. The owner is really nice but I get the feeling it’s not quite what it used to be in its prime. 

I’ll check out the Raleigh location and see if they can get some apistos and if not I’ll try my luck with Aquabid. I’ve ordered from Aquahuna a couple of times and have been very pleased but I don’t think they carry them.