Anubis Coffeefolia flower?

Im not big on Anubis-es? But i have a cutting from my brothers Coffeefolia in my quarantine/algea tutorial tank. Am I correct in identifying this at first white, now yellowish 'leaf' as a flower rather than a leaf? 

20220606_082651~2.jpg

I dug through my journal to find this. I thought I had a pic of it before it opened but do not. For anubias the corn cob center develops inside prior to opening. As it opens it looks like a corn cob opening up and you see the tip of it as the surrounding layer opens. As the flower dies back the casing does as well it’s not an actual leaf. Hope that helps. But you are growing a leaf which means it’s happy  😁

B47B380E-6B4A-4331-98DA-8A0CF332C5C8.png

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 9:13 AM, Guppysnail said:

I dug through my journal to find this. I thought I had a pic of it before it opened but do not. For anubias the corn cob center develops inside prior to opening. As it opens it looks like a corn cob opening up and you see the tip of it as the surrounding layer opens. As the flower dies back the casing does as well it’s not an actual leaf. Hope that helps. But you are growing a leaf which means it’s happy  😁

B47B380E-6B4A-4331-98DA-8A0CF332C5C8.png

Thanks for that, but question? Was the verdict, its a leaf or was the verdict, its a flower?? I have a barteri in my main tank, which gets about 1 leaf a month (very happy) but they are usually light green then turn dark green. I've never had a white sprouted leaf turn yellow. 

Well. I need all the isometric views! LOL

If the one in the middle is a leaf, they all look like leaves to me then.

If I'm remembering correctly, it'll send out a stalk and then that opens up to flower.  Been a long time since I've seen mine doing that though.