new fish into existing quarantine tank

SlimJimmy916

How long do you usually leave new arrivals in there?  Do you treat with medications while in the QT tank?  
If you add them, I would start the QT over for the fish already in there.  
Good Luck 

I've been drip acclimating them in a bucket for 6 hours, and I haven't added them into the tank but I have an air stone in the bucket and I dosed the qt tank with the trio right now I am in the beginning of week 3 dosing 

Edited by SlimJimmy916

If you add new fish to the quarantine you are going to have to restart the clock for all the inhabitants if you want to move the fish that you got two weeks ago sooner  then you will need to quarantine the new fish separately. 

If you are doing a medicated quarantine then you would need to start it again.  

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 6:07 AM, Flumpweesel said:

If you add new fish to the quarantine you are going to have to restart the clock for all the inhabitants if you want to move the fish that you got two weeks ago sooner  then you will need to quarantine the new fish separately. 

If you are doing a medicated quarantine then you would need to start it again.  

Came here to say exactly this.  If I have to add fish to an ongoing QT, I restart the clock and repeat any treatments already done.

• Like 2