Filter Placement - Shrimp Tank

twodaend

This is my first attempt at a shrimp tank.  Currently I have a sponge filter and internal filter.  The internal filter is really just for surface movement and has a some filter floss in it to polish the water.  Right now, I have both on the right side of the tank.  I'm wondering if I would be better off putting the sponge filter on the left side and leaving the internal filter on the right.

PXL_20220520_022740532.MP - Copy.jpg

Edited by twodaend
  • Like 2

LOVE this tank already. Super cute and vibrant nerites all around. I see where you're coming from with wanting to move the sponge filter, it would balance out the sides. However, I think it might be cool to add decor on the left side instead to balance it out. Maybe something like a moss bonsai tree image.jpeg.89830adfca2ed3b466050325b566816f.jpeg

Luckily that internal filter blends in with the background super nice. You could add some more plants on that right side if you wanted to keep the sponge filter there but conceal it more. Excited to see what you do with it! 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 11:16 AM, twodaend said:

@Hannah Parker Thanks.  I was going to go with a lawn look using dwarf hair grass, but that would have been more maintenance then I probably wanted to do.  I love the idea of a moss bonsai tree.  It'll add a focal point, plus some height.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I think height will add so much to this tank! Your shrimpies will also love hanging out on that bonsai. The driftwood will give them something nice to graze on too. When in doubt, always add more plants or driftwood! That's just me though, I love having a densely planted and decorated tank.