Cat tax

Its Hutch

😄 they are both super sweet boys @Its Hutch but only like me (since we live alone) therefore hide when others are around. Epic is a Singapura and Quantum is a Burmese- both have unreal eyes and are very well trained. Since their breeds are naturally small (2 of the smallest cat breeds) they are each only around 8lbs and soft as bunnies. Silk covered bricks!

Ive got the fat cat above, Saloli, and another smaller one named Lauretta who is the most affectionate cat I've ever owned. She literally follows me everywhere and doesnt leave my side. Saloli is more of a loner who will let you love her on her time only.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:40 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

This is him in the light of day:

2018-08-14_05-25-26.jpg.11f49d642391246b29a37f4df3904e1a.jpg

I now have to research Singapura, as this is a breed I had never heard of!

We sadly lost our cats in the housefire, originally Nic and Maggie were both service cats, and were trained to retrieve keys, pick up anything I dropped on the floor, open doors, and "soothe" when they smelled a panic attack coming on.

They would knead without using their claws, at all.

They were some of the biggest tuxedos I ever had, with Nic weighing in at 25 lbs. He thought he was a Rottweiler 😆

• Love 2

Aww @Torrey I'm sorry you lost your cats that is terrible and one of my worst nightmares. Every day I leave them at home I pet them both and tell them to "watch the house". My cats are well trained but not to a service level- just to a good manners level- would never raise a claw to anything they are not allowed to (they are patient with the claw trims), they understand the word no, they are allowed on counters but not when I'm cooking (and they know it), and never wake me up until after the alarm clock has sounded. Of their own volition they meet me at the door when I come home and always remind me when it's play time and feeding time. 

When I went to look at cats again it was between the smallest and the largest of the cat breeds I was very close to getting a Maine Coon- but I'm glad I went the direction I went- I love my tiny boys. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 1:07 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Aww @Torrey I'm sorry you lost your cats that is terrible and one of my worst nightmares. Every day I leave them at home I pet them both and tell them to "watch the house". My cats are well trained but not to a service level- just to a good manners level- would never raise a claw to anything they are not allowed to (they are patient with the claw trims), they understand the word no, they are allowed on counters but not when I'm cooking (and they know it), and never wake me up until after the alarm clock has sounded. Of their own volition they meet me at the door when I come home and always remind me when it's play time and feeding time. 

When I went to look at cats again it was between the smallest and the largest of the cat breeds I was very close to getting a Maine Coon- but I'm glad I went the direction I went- I love my tiny boys. 

I grew up with a Maine Coon cross: 27 lbs of muscle that would push or pull my diapered butt across the kitchen floor, because my opposable thumbs could get him food.

I remember the day he decided that I was too big to keep pulling his tail, and said "no" in no uncertain terms😳

Like Nic, he was raised by dogs instead of his mom, so he was positive he was a German shepherd... who could climb trees. This was back before leash laws, and he made it very clear to the dogs in our neighborhood that he did not tolerate interlopers on *his* property.

He was a hoot!

• Haha 1

Nic sounds amazing. I had a cat pass last year, Fernando. I was given him as a kitten and had him for 9 years. He was a dog. He was harness and leash trained, played fetch, responded to his name, and would follow a few commands. We were best buds. He passed from heart disease and it was super sudden. I was heart broken as was my wife and kids. He was my oldest and my 2 2-legged sons big brother. They were young but they still talk about him.

• Like 2