Snails from Local Breeder

Marc Dane

Hello, i would like to ask if anyone knows what type of snail are in the pictures? I bought these from a local breeder. I asked her if she knows what they're called but she didn't know. I asked her if it eats aquarium plants she said they don't but i'm skeptical. They have algae growing on their shells which makes the shells green. Their shells are white but their insides are orange. They look like ivory snails but on google their bodies are white. The insides look like applesnails but the shells are white. Usually applesnails are black, orange, or golden brown. I'm not sure what these snails are. Can anyone ID these? Thanks so much in advance. Peace out!

IMG20220503211641.jpg

IMG20220503211614.jpg

IMG20220503211624.jpg

IMG20220503211633.jpg

Looks to me to definitely be a Mystery Snail, possibly a "blue" or "green". Mysteries come in all different colors and combinations. They do eat vegetation (dying typically) but if they get desperate they will eat live plants so their diet must be supplemented. Most of us blanch veggies for them, like zucchini, greenbeans and supplement with snail food (food for shrimp or crabs also works). 

Also, welcome to the forum @Marc Dane

Harmless and fun.  They will eat the already dying leaves but that usually helps the plant and limits the need for you to prune. Mine never eat the healthy leaves. I’m also a veggie and wafer/ repashy supplemental feeder. Mine also get GSA algae “hairdoes” I notice my ivory ones have a slight orange peach tint to the foot (soft body)

• Like 1

I think those might be ivory mystery snails blessed with algae, that have been eating a very high carotene containing diet.  Ivories (and golds and magentas) have tiny yellow to cream color dots on their topside flesh (none underneath the foot) but these will color up quite a bit if they’re eating a diet very high in carotenes or other plant pigments.

• Like 2