Skinny apistogramma female

So the reason this isn’t in the sickness/disease category is because I’ve been monitoring her for a while and she doesn’t seem to show any symptoms of a parasite or Illness. I’ve given the tank a run of the trio also. This is more in regards to I’ve noticed she has been getting skinnier in the last couple months but still seems to eat the bbs I feed the fry but never any other food? I’m trying to think of a way to fatten her back up to when she was spawning with the male. She still acts normal and isn’t getting bullied by the male, what are the best ways to try and fatten her up? 

• Like 1

What foods have you tried? My females enjoy frozen Hikari Spirulina Brine Shrimp and frozen Blood Worms. What I do is take cubes, drop them in a small container with hot tap water to thaw them, and then feed small portions through a syringe with airline added to the end. This allows me to carefully moderate the amounts of feed fed. The warmed up frozen foods seem much more appealing to them than other offerings. 

@Fish Folk yah so I’ve tried frozen bloodworms, xtreme nano, xtreme krill flakes, hikari vibra bites and some freeze dried. The thing she’s always eats are the baby brine shrimp and maybe some of the rapashy gel foods but I never have seen her actually eat the gel food. She tries the nano but always spits it out.

Edited by Desktop Aquatics

Yea they are tr; some think they are 'man' made hybrid. Well the bbs swims and swimming bbs trigger eat me. Also it is nice and small but she needs a lot to keep full. Personally she sounds ill but ill what what i don't know.

yah no sunken belly just seems thinner than her former self and when she was regularly spawning. She eats well still and still behaves about the same as she always does but she has been hiding more since I have noticed but nothing too crazy that's alarming as I had rescaped since her last spawn so that could be the reason for the change in behavior.