Cali’s New Tank Thread!

sweetpoison

So I’m going to use this space for my new tank. I know I have two other threads and I can’t always find them so if this is in the wrong spot please feel free to move it. Where I’m at now ~ my tank is set up with my stand with plywood  that everybody helped me figure out and I’m going to be buying plastic soon. And then I will be filling it up🤭 It’s 29 gallon long and I’m going to be using white sand and I would like to get Pea Puffers and Rummynose and that’s it for a while.  I found some rocks I think I had in my other tanks but I just wanna make sure these items are okay. So please tell me what you think. I can’t remember how we would test something before we put it into our tanks….

65A7505B-D122-4000-BEE8-0C1D7344BC94.jpeg

F194080B-A343-41DA-A5E3-21C72782AC3B.jpeg

70253D69-DF24-4078-B893-CD6465866169.jpeg

97F666A5-7326-4CF5-A18A-8046A5BC01F4.jpeg

On 4/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I love the colorful rocks, will be great to see what you do with them! 

Forum tip on how to find your threads:

Resized_20220404_133620.jpg.d71726edfa9a6857b61eda9f939d6c43.jpg

You can also add a link to your signature for others to be able to find your regular journals and it helps you too. 😉 

Thank you you are awesome!  Perhaps you can teach me how to stay logged in ~ every time I come here I have to put in my email and my password I hate it so much😂😂

On 4/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

ugh that sucks! I access the site on my tablet and I'm always logged in. There should be a way but some phones kick you off if you're using one when cookies or password remembering is turned off

I don’t know what it is ~ I have a new iPhone 13 promax and I can go all to my other sites in and I’m already logged in but not this one it’s so frustrating!

On 4/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, sweetpoison said:

So I’m going to use this space for my new tank. I know I have two other threads and I can’t always find them so if this is in the wrong spot please feel free to move it. Where I’m at now ~ my tank is set up with my stand with plywood  that everybody helped me figure out and I’m going to be buying plastic soon. And then I will be filling it up🤭 It’s 29 gallon long and I’m going to be using white sand and I would like to get Pea Puffers and Rummynose and that’s it for a while.  I found some rocks I think I had in my other tanks but I just wanna make sure these items are okay. So please tell me what you think. I can’t remember how we would test something before we put it into our tanks….

65A7505B-D122-4000-BEE8-0C1D7344BC94.jpeg

F194080B-A343-41DA-A5E3-21C72782AC3B.jpeg

70253D69-DF24-4078-B893-CD6465866169.jpeg

97F666A5-7326-4CF5-A18A-8046A5BC01F4.jpeg

I have some white sand that I found and wonder what you guys thought about if I could use it in my aquarium💕

B37F9197-B5A8-4BEE-B669-3852D6660B7F.jpeg

DC76FA60-5719-4EDF-A8E3-2D27F2DF59AD.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys here are some of the fish that I’m looking at getting and let me know what you all think ~ 

Pea puffers

clown loaches

Rummynose 

I think that’s it for a long while ~ I only have a 20 gallon

I just wanna know how many and if they’re compatible. Do I get them separately are all at once?

I agree with @xXInkedPhoenixX on skipping the peas puffers... I tried them and don't think I will again, they can be sensitive, prone to worms, picky with food and sometimes hard to hash out a good hierarchy within themselves. They also can terrorize any tankmates and even kill them, many people recommend them in a species-only tank. Clown loaches can also get 5-8 inches and do best in schools so I wouldn't recommend them for a tank this small. If you're open to special ordering through your local fish store or online ordering, the nano Rosy loach might be more your style. They get 1.5 inches and you could easily have a school of 6-12. image.jpeg.a7699045de94c1f14900091078cdf9cb.jpeg You could also do panda corydoras, pygmy corydoras or hasbrosas pygmy corydoras. For centerpiece fish you could do Honey gouramis, any variation of German Blue rams, or try your luck and see if you get a nice betta. I would order online from a reputable source if you get a betta, they're very sickly these days in places like Petco/Petsmart. You can definitely do rummynose tetras in you 20 gallon 🙂 

Edited by hannah662parker
  • Like 1

No I’m not gonna put anything in this tank it is completely cycled but you think I should do my Rummynose last?  

On 4/21/2022 at 8:29 AM, hannah662parker said:

I agree with @xXInkedPhoenixX on skipping the peas puffers... I tried them and don't think I will again, they can be sensitive, prone to worms, picky with food and sometimes hard to hash out a good hierarchy within themselves. They also can terrorize any tankmates and even kill them, many people recommend them in a species-only tank. Clown loaches can also get 5-8 inches and do best in schools so I wouldn't recommend them for a tank this small. If you're open to special ordering through your local fish store or online ordering, the nano Rosy loach might be more your style. They get 1.5 inches and you could easily have a school of 6-12. image.jpeg.a7699045de94c1f14900091078cdf9cb.jpeg You could also do panda corydoras, pygmy corydoras or hasbrosas pygmy corydoras. For centerpiece fish you could do Honey gouramis, any variation of German Blue rams, or try your luck and see if you get a nice betta. I would order online from a reputable source if you get a betta, they're very sickly these days in places like Petco/Petsmart. You can definitely do rummynose tetras in you 20 gallon 🙂 

Great information here thank you so much!  I used to have Rams I love them I’ll show you some pictures!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 10:21 AM, sweetpoison said:

No I’m not gonna put anything in this tank it is completely cycled but you think I should do my Rummynose last?  

Rummy nose are tricky. I’ve lost all of mine, some soon after introduction and some many months later. I have soft, slightly acidic water that should technically be ideal, but I still have trouble. 

On 4/21/2022 at 10:21 AM, sweetpoison said:

Great information here thank you so much!  I used to have Rams I love them I’ll show you some pictures!

Rummynose need very clean water, so you need very good bio filtration is all. Not just cycled but well seasoned with lots of good bacteria. 

And the toys are rolling in♥️

I also have plants and rocks in my mailbox parcel and some stuff at my neighbors!  I was worried that my Python imitation hose wasn’t going to reach from the living room to the kitchen but it does ~ measured that great. And I was excited that it came with like three different valves for the faucet.   I remember having to go and get the valve for my python years ago. But none of these fit😞I’ve been working on them forever!  And I even tried the bathrooms in the house and they still won’t fit that faucet😡 any rate my hands are raw I can’t do anymore I have to call the company and they’ll send me the correct adapter ~  I don’t know how they’re gonna do that but that’s what it says. I have lots of gravel and rocks and plants somewhere at some neighbors😂😂

Making progress!

B224FAF7-21D4-4868-8562-ECEFF45DD21B.jpeg

70BD54A2-4EFF-46C1-9CD0-2BCD319DFC8E.jpeg