Green terror feeding

Zachary Brown

So I recently received a large green terror from an old neibor that had received a green terror from someone that was getting rid of it. My neighbor was on the older side, and was not as involved in the hobby, and so I was then given the fish. I currently house it in a 300 gallon rubber maid toat outside with a heater set to 74 and a canister filter with a Ivan sterilizer. The only other inhabitants are some small feeder goldfish and livebearers(guppy’s). All the other fish are eating fine, but the green terror(doby) is always more interested in biting my hand off than in the variety of foods I feed him. This includes chilclid floating pellets, hi Kari lion head goldfish pellets, vibra bites, an older goldfish sinking sticks, and community flakes.  The only thing I’ve been successful In getting him to eat is a live earthworm. Water quality is  very clean, with 25% water change weekly and a ph of 7.4. Any suggestions on how or what to feed my terror?

• Like 1

Aptly named, these fish! If your Terror has been fed live food it may refuse other offerings. Maybe try live feeder fish? Or worms from a bait shop? If you can add a few thawed out frozen blood worms at the same time as feeding small garden worms, you might turn him / her over to frozen foods.

I think we all want to see a video of your hand getting attacked though… 😂