Coop air pump

I currently have my tanks in my living room and bedroom and are run using individual tetra air pumps. These seem to last about 10-12 months before wearing out and I have a crazy mess of cords and power strips. Would it make economic sense to centralize the air supply and run lines in this situation for about 10 tanks?  Is this air pump the correct choice?

How many pumps are you replacing every 10-12 months? How much is this costing you?

Running the airlines is a one time cost. You can use PVC, but I have also seen regular airline too.

If you divide the cost of the large pump by what you are already spending, you will determine how many years of use you need to break even. Remember that every time your MTS flares up, that new tank changes the analysis. Part of the savings needs to cover the new airlines, but again it is a one time cost.

On 4/2/2022 at 11:08 AM, GreenCircleGirl said:

I currently have my tanks in my living room and bedroom and are run using individual tetra air pumps. These seem to last about 10-12 months before wearing out and I have a crazy mess of cords and power strips. Would it make economic sense to centralize the air supply and run lines in this situation for about 10 tanks?  Is this air pump the correct choice?

Assuming you can run a loop and get to both rooms. Not positive how far that is but this will definitely be good for 10 tanks. I highly recommend the one at aquarium coop, mine has been running over a year now. I have 20 tanks with 25 lines in use. 
when I first purchased mine it was to stop the noise of all the individual pumps. I had 10-ish tanks with 12-14 drops. I set up a relief valve but never needed to use it. 

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/air-pumps/products/linear-piston-air-pump

i say DO IT! 🥴

• Thanks 1

I went to one pump with my 20 tanks. Saves on pumps and it’s easy to move tanks, add tanks  it very easy. I would go with pcp it will allow you keep a some order instead basically a bunch tubeingd tangled. The pvc is good at preventing that