Aquarium water is so green and foggy

On 2/12/2022 at 11:45 AM, Just a Pygmy Corydora said:

This problem has been going on for a long time, around 1-2 months, and it’s green water. The aquarium is so foggy, I can’t do anything about it.

I’ve tried various things, like cleaning gravel, changing water more often, dimming lights, I’ve even deep cleaned the gravel, taking it out and rinsing it with warm water. It’s still so foggy, I can’t even see the back of the tank at this point. If you have any advice, please let me know.

A12CE8E9-6DA9-415D-AE2D-422B1DE1ECE0.jpeg

Hi @Just a Pygmy Corydora

Nice window in the background, I bet it let's in lots of natural light

Unfortunately nutrients plus light equals algae and/or green water.  If you have been doing gravel vacs stop.  I don't see any curtains on the window that can be closed when the sun is on that side of the building but you could put a black cloth over the tank to minimize window light.  Once or twice a week 50% water changes will help reduced the nutrients in the water.  -Roy

Well with water changes green water is gone, I don`t know what happened to pic, however the plant in this 40B started to grow for some reason and not sure what kind of plant it is but must be super easy to grow or I would have killed it, also I`m using no fertilizers. image.jpeg.6a0024dadfaf06777d41d829375259c7.jpeg 

• Like 1

Seconding guppy grass, was my immediate first thought upon seeing it. Stuff's almost like duckweed the way it grows; it looks good, just be extremely careful when disposing of any cuttings, because they *will* infest local water sources if allowed.