HELP! I MESSED UP

DannyBWell

Aww. You've already done what I would do, I would put some Prime in (if you have any). Monitor your fish and watch for any signs. If you used it for a long time before noticing or you're really nervous you could do another water change but if I were in your shoes I wouldn't do it right away (unless fish are showing signs of stress). Maybe in a couple/few hours while watching the fish. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Aww. You've already done what I would do, I would put some Prime in (if you have any). Monitor your fish and watch for any signs. If you used it for a long time before noticing or you're really nervous you could do another water change but if I were in your shoes I wouldn't do it right away (unless fish are showing signs of stress). Maybe in a couple/few hours while watching the fish. 

I don't have prime I use fritz complete which I dosed but I also dosed some stability to hopefully help. I feel so bad right now.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

As @MickS77 said that should work if you've got something, also things like Polyfilter and/or Purigen can help I believe. 

Don't beat yourself up, it's an accident, this happens in the hobby and no losses so far right? 🙂 

Water changes should be enough to help them. 

Thanks I do have some purigen I'm going to add that.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 1:13 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Do another 50% change, and again later today. Match the temperature to reduce  stress. Heavy air stone action too, both in the tank and the source water.

If this was me, I'd do a 100% water change now and heavy air stone.

I am going to do another 50% right now there were bubbles at the beginning they have gone away for the most part only abnormal thing I can see right now is one of my von Rio tetras is a little pale and devoid of it's normal coloration although the others look fine. Will follow up with another 50% tonight and tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2022 at 1:59 PM, DannyBWell said:

I am going to do another 50% right now there were bubbles at the beginning they have gone away for the most part only abnormal thing I can see right now is one of my von Rio tetras is a little pale and devoid of it's normal coloration although the others look fine. Will follow up with another 50% tonight and tomorrow morning.

I would lower the lights too. Anything I could do to reduce stress.

Last update for the night thanks to all that helped I really appreciate all the suggestions! No loses so far doing one last water change for the night and will do 2 tomorrow then I will see how the fish are doing the one von Rio tetras color is back to normal. I'm guessing it was stress induced. But everyone seems happy and healthy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2