Can I keep angelfish with livebearers?

San

Hi, I'm a 13 years old kid from WA, and my name is San. I have recently saved up enough money to buy myself 10 platinum angelfish, they're currently in quarantine. My plan is to put them in my 350 gallon heavily planted tank with guppies, platys, endlers, swordtails, corydoras, plecos, 1 pair of kribensis, snails, three 6 inches SAE. Can the angels live with these fish? Most people on the internet said yes, but I just wanna make sure.

Yes, they will likely eat fry but I assume you’re used to that with your current mix and rely on plant cover to provide safety. The Kribs are more likely to cause issues I would think but if they can’t get along in 350 gallons that’s kinda on them 🤣 you may have territory issues if your angels pair off too, but I feel like you should have the space to handle it. 

Share a pic! I’d love to see the big tank. 

• Like 2

I have kept a setup similar to what you are describing and everyone lived to together just fine. The angelfish and the endler populations both increased exponentially, and my Bolivian rams and Corydoras were breeding also.

The key was the heavy planting.

1495885555_October6012.jpg.b10313217fefb8ebac6db0f66cc76519.jpg

• Like 4

Agreed with Daniel! In a very basic setup I believe angels would likely eat fry and possibly adults of smaller livebearers. I planned to trade with a local for some mollies to go with my angels in the long run though and have run this combo before, the main downside is that fry get eaten if they can't hide.

Thank you for all your responses. the livebearers have a lot of plants to hide in, so the fry will probably survive. If anybody is wondering, I will dig deeper into the stocking of this tank. So I have bred 7 species of corydoras in that tank, albino corydoras, habrosus corydoras, bronze corydoras, paleatus corydoras, panda corydoras, black venezualan corydroras, and orange venezualan corydoras. I also have 6 leopard frog plecos, 2 pairs of blue eyed longfin lemon bristlenose, a couple of common bristlenose, 6 of the wormline pleco, 1 rubberlip pleco, a lot of otocincluses, 3 siamese algae eater. Swordtails, guppies, endlers, platys. Ramshorn snails, nerite snails, pond snails, and japanese trapdoor snails. That's pretty much it. Thank you for all the feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1